ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

November 06, 2007

Wordless Wednesday~ Grocery store find






46 people think my kids are qtpies:

Wendy said...

I'm so confused about this but i'm going with it anyway. I think I need another Lisa P. tutorial!

Anonymous said...

Wait, what?

Raggedy said...

You drink it?
Ermm.. Ummm...
Were you happy to find it?
Do you pour it on your hot dogs?
Happy WW!

Anonymous said...

you had me until the mixed drink thing. YUCK!! In a drink? Great find though!

Qtpies7 said...

The lady in the store, in the juice aisle, was staring at these and just asked me how crazy these were! I whipped out my camera and thanked her ever so enthusiasticly for pointing it out to a stranger! Oh, the blog fodder!
I don't think its sour, like sour kraut, just cabbage juice. I thought it was weird that you could use it for canker sores.
My husband, the daring one, the lover of sour kraut, didn't want me to buy any.

JAM said...

Wow, that's amazing. Sounds like some sort of Dr. Whoosits traveling show and miracle cure.

Love the name! I bet it's HUGE in Germany.

Sandee said...

Alrighty then. Learn something new every day. Thanks for the laugh. Have a great WW. :)

Rebecca said...

Yikes! Although in situations calling for a dare, it might come in handy ;-0

Jessie said...

That's crazy! I can't believe anyone would buy that stuff. Although it might be worth it for the canker sore cure. My five year old freaks when he gets one of those.

Talk..to..Grams said...

Yikes I don't think I could stand this!! Thanks for the visit! Happy WW!

Valtool said...

Yeah, um, yeah.

My first thought at the name on the can was a slang term for a Blood Drive in Germany.

I've spoken to a few people who have gone on a cabbage-diet, and I guess it's the laxative element, but they get dehydrated pretty damned easy on that and wind up hospitalized. I'm happy having kraut 2-3 times a year, usually with brats.

Anonymous said...

Ewwwwwwww!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Wow a drink additive and laxative in one, who knew!

Wendy said...

Can you imagine what it was like for the person that discovered all these amazing uses? "Oh, the canker sores and constipation were awful until I went to that party last night and had that AMAZING Bloody Mary! What was in it, anyway?" And eureka, history was made!

But it still sounds nasty. Ewww.

Jim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jim said...

I'd have the kraut also. It goes good on hot dogs and with sausage.

Thanks for the compliment in your comment. Adi likes those kind words, and yes she is a regular Qtpie.

Happy WW! :-)
..
BTW, I don't let her eat chocolate like you let your kid. (Adi is my granddog, she appears often on my blog.)
..

etteY said...

eeeeeeeew! just thinking of it make me throw up LOL!

happy WW

Shelia said...

That's like canned "Witch Hazel," it can do anything! Happy WW!

Natalie said...

Um...no thank you, I'm not thirsty!

Jos said...

Amazing! I can't believe people are buying this..
happy WW:)

maiylah said...

whoa ... interesting find!
happy WW

My WW post

ms blue said...

After a long day there is nothing like unwinding with a cold glass of cabbage juice. Right?

Anonymous said...

Never heard of a cabbage juice! and yup, great finds! Interesting:D
Mine is up here;
Wordless Wednesday
Happy WW!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the tonic to cure whatever ails you. Happy WW!

SandyCarlson said...

I thought it was an updated version of the lemonade diet! Wow. Who knwew? I'll be that's great stuff.

jams o donnell said...

I think I'll stick to Orange juice if it's all the same! What a great find though. Happy WW

Anonymous said...

Happy WW. Have a nice day. :-)

Oldqueen44 said...

Good thing you had your camera I don't think anyone would think it was really something someone would put the energy into marketing. Sounds yummy...eh, I mean yucky.

Mrs. Stam said...

doesn't sound too apealing LOL

Aisling said...

I'm sorry but that is just a step too far. eugh!

Anonymous said...

i would never drink this. brrrr

Anonymous said...

Umm...I have actually drank this stuff...And it IS just like drinking the juice from a can of Sauer Kraut. But I Love Sauer Kraut!

I have also mixed it with tomato juice mmmmmmmmmmm.....

I know you think I'm kidding, but I'm not. I have never used it as a meat tenderizer, however, and don't recall it having any real laxative qualities to it, and didn't know about it healing canker sores.

I should run out and get some so we can have some for Ladies night on Friday. TeeHee

Anonymous said...

How interesting... I love some sour kraut and hotdogs though hehe.

Anonymous said...

Umm...I have actually drank this stuff...And it IS just like drinking the juice from a can of Sauer Kraut. But I Love Sauer Kraut!

I have also mixed it with tomato juice mmmmmmmmmmm.....

I know you think I'm kidding, but I'm not. I have never used it as a meat tenderizer, however, and don't recall it having any real laxative qualities to it, and didn't know about it healing canker sores.

I should run out and get some so we can have some for Ladies night on Friday. TeeHee

impwork said...

If its a meat tenderizer and adds zing to a drink I'd be carefull how much I drank of it. Pineapple juice is a great tenderizer but it will also make your teeth fall out if you drink too much!

Interesting shot :-)

Sassyfrazz said...

Yeah, I think I will pass....
Yea, WW is finally here and you can show off your treasure of the week! :)

Anonymous said...

yuck....give you props on the find!

Wendy said...

Add to mixed drinks?! Better make that a double.

Blech!

On the other hand, that Frank is smart! I need to figure out how to sell some byproduct here as its own star product....

Cynthia said...

Gonna have to pass on kraut juice...

Jeremy Lowe said...

Borst, no wait thats beets... ah, sourbrauten.... no that needs real kraut.... maybe its for those who want the taste without the fiber? Look mom, fiber free!

Happy ww, and stop by and visit.

Thea @ It's Me Vs. Me said...

o.k. eww.

Anonymous said...

Do people actually drink that stuff?
Ewwwwww!
Even as a tomato tang...ewwwww!
Great photos though, definately food for thought. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Ewww...its salt water, lol

Gretchen said...

Definitely an interesting find! Not something I think I will ever buy. What'll they dream up next?! :)

Kris said...

that's.

gross.

Lauren said...

Yikes...look at all that sodium. Not bad on the Vit C but wonder what a serving size is. Yum?