ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 16, 2008

Body Drama- A Book Review

Body Drama by Nancy Redd is a book for girls who need answers about their bodies.
This book is full of answers for everything. That thing you couldn't ask your mom? It's in there! That thing you couldn't even ask your girl friends? It's in there.
As a Christian with strict ideals about what comes in my house, I had trouble with this book. The pictures are graphic. There is NOTHING it doesn't show, and show many, many times. However, I went through the book with my daughters. Once we got past the giggles, the throwing themselves on the floor screaming in horror, and the serious blushing, we actually were able to come away with a lot of good information.
I don't know what I am going to do with the book, I do not want it around where my boys could stumble across it, but I am very glad I was able to go through the book with my girls. I am an advocate for women knowing their bodies very well. You need to know about yourself and be comfortable with your body.
(Kaytlin's words "I haven't even seen that on myself!!!")
I recommend this book for those women who are just unable to speak with their daughters about everything. Maybe your daughter just won't talk to you, like mine, or you don't really know the answers, then this is a great book for you.

Read an excerpt from the book here.
Some of the topics addressed in Body Drama:

1. Skin
a. Zits
b. sweat
c. tanning


2. B00bs
a. Too small/big
b. Lop-sided
c. Nipple issues
d. Lumps or discharge


3. Down There
a. Not liking the look
b. Odors
c. Cramps
d. Bowl function/bladder infections


4. Hair, mouth, nails
a. Dry skin
b. Having a mustache
c. Bad Breathe


5. Shape
a. Feel fat
b. Overweight
c. How to eat right on a budget
d. depression


And much, much more, leaving you feeling like you are normal so you can like yourself just they way you are.

2 people think my kids are qtpies:

Jan Parrish said...

Sounds like a great book. I'll have to recommend it.

Anonymous said...

I loved your blog. Thank you.