ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 17, 2008

Wow, customer service these days!

We bought a computer from a pretty well-known electronics store for Christmas. It was a great deal, no doubt about it. We have only had one issue with it and we fixed that ourselves. It even came with a free printer and extra ink and paper and photo paper. Great deal!

It also came with another little "perk," if you will. A Verizon mobile internet card. We could have a free months trial of it, and if we didn't cancel we'd have a $60 a month 2 year contract. We were pretty sure we wouldn't need it in the future, but gave it a try. It was pretty good service at home, but where we would need it, out in the boonies, it was slower. We don't travel enough to pay that much. So we returned it on the last day. Just in time, exactly as instructed.

Guess what? The free trial? Not free at all. As a matter of fact, that free trial cost $35 for activation and $59.99 for the month's use. Where is the free, I ask you? Verizon would do nothing because we signed a 5-page contract. Umm, no we didn't. We got ONE page, and it did NOT say we'd have to pay for the free trial. That company says they only have one page to print out. Convenient huh?
So, after Donnie spent an hour on the phone total with Verizon, and an hour in the store, he gave up with only getting out of the $35. Well, Verizon doesn't have any reason to give back the $60, they didn't tell us it was free.
But it didn't sit well with me. So I called a manager. I did, I enjoy that, I am all about service, that is why I am a secret shopper, my friends.
Jessica was very nice. Oh, she so understood my frustration. So she was going to work with a supervisor and call me back. Great! I didn't even have to get mean!

Jessica calls me back. Sorry, we can't do anything about it.



Excuse me?



Your employee either lies to us, doesn't know what he is doing, or is doing a bait and switch tactic and you expect US to pay the price? I don't think so. We spend a lot of money in your store. My husband buys the equipment for our church there as much as possible. We love your store. I do not want to find a new store over $60! You gave us ONE page of a FIVE page contract, TOLD us it was free, and then stick US with the bill?!? Hello!!! Not going to happen!

Jessica decided to refund us $59.99 plus tax, since she can't erase Verizon's bill and can't pay the bill for us.
Good choice, Jessica!

Can you guess which company this was??

(oh, and Donnie is so happy to be married to me! Not to mention glad I was after them this PMS week instead of him.)

1 people think my kids are qtpies:

Unknown said...

That's happened to me too many times. It's a nightmare trying to get your money back.

I think they figure if they say no enough times we'll go away. I'm with you, I want my money back!

Now I never do the 30 trial period, for anything. They don't keep their word.

Good for you!! :)