ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 25, 2008

What is it with kids?

I am not sure why, but suddenly the 3yo boys I babysit have decided they need to wear Trinity's clothes. Every time I leave the room they are putting on her clothes. (this is actually a little less disturbing than the purses they insist on carrying or wearing toenail polish... lol)
However, yesterday they hit a new level of mess. I was livid. They were not only wearing Trinity's clothes, but they had taken all of her clean, folded clothes and thrown them all over the room, mixed with all her dirty clothes. And then they took all the clothes out of a couple of bags near Sam's dresser that I was given recently but hadn't sorted yet. They are all over the room, too. Then since they couldn't go back in the room, they started tearing up all the folded clothes and diapers I had on the couch. I chewed them out for it, picked it up, and they went right back over and did it again.
I flipped. It is probably a good two hour clean up job. So I forbid them from going in Trinity's room for now. I couldn't clean it last night because as soon as they left I had a long meeting to get to at church, then to bed so I could leave my house at 6am to come get them again.

Today? After my freak out yesterday? One of them decided that since I was in the basement switching laundry that it would be a great time to sneak into the room and into the closet and tear out all of those clothes and bring out some dresses to put on. He didn't get them on, since I wasn't gone that long, but oh, livid doesn't begin to describe it.

I think this would qualify as the worst mess I've had to clean up. This is awful and I don't even know where to start! I can't do it with the kids here, or they will do this to my living room, kitchen, bathroom and dining room while I work. And they can't "help" because that would be a disaster. I am entering this at Crazy Hip Blog Mamas to win a Oreck XL Ultra Vacuum Cleaner! Maybe something good will come of this.
God works all things for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose...........

6 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

oh my, I can't say any more than that.

Carina said...

I have one word for you.

Locks.

Any kind you can find, any where you can fit them. Child proof, or hook and eye. Whatever.

It's got to be frustrating when you can't really discipline them the way you would your own kids.

Anonymous said...

Why on Earth do you agree to baby sit for these kids? It seems they need more constant monitoring than you can possibly give them with your own large family.

Qtpies7 said...

I love the kids, and I love their mom, and I need the income without leaving my home.
They are not bad kids, they just had a bad two days.
And I can give them lots more monitoring than I do, I just "thought" they were playing nice because I could hear them fine, so I didn't go and check on them for about 20 minutes. Dumb, not a matter of not able to. I am definatley not overwhelmed with my own kids, and I welcome more.
I just have a FLAW, like everyone else, and I get caught up in things and focus too much to always pay attention to other things.

It seems like there is some anonymous poster that has a problem with large families and/or Christians who is going through all my posts and criticizing them.

Anonymous said...

The above anonymous post is the first time I have posted on your site- obviously I should have used my name - no, I do not have a problem with large families, and am a Christian myself. Sorry about whoever is posting in a critical way, but it isn't me. I thought it seemed as if you felt the kids you are babysitting for are unmanageable.

Qtpies7 said...

Thanks, Tracy! I have a few comments on older posts lately, too, that are just amazingly critical. Like when I entered a contest for the Meanest Mom and said I discipline for not getting A's. They demanded I explain how I felt that was OK to do.
Um, its a contest, and I don't do it for every kid, just the ones who are Harvard smart and get B's because they talk too much and don't finish homework because they are out having fun... perfectly reasonable. I have a child who gets F's and I jump for joy when he gets D's.
I'm beginning to feel attacked.