ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

April 22, 2009

After all these years...

When I found out I was pregnant with a daughter for the first time I was so excited and filled with dreams. Dreams of lace and dresses and curling hair. Doing finger nails and giggles late at night. Maybe even beauty pageants.

But then I got Kaytlin. Truly she is a girl, but girly-girl has never described her. She has always hated dresses and not only hated having her hair done, but would hide the brush. She did grow into the nail polish, and even last year started curling her hair, much to my delight. But pageants? She was very against them, and doesn't even watch the Miss America Pageant.

But this year......... months before she is grown up and moving out of my house......... she is in a pageant! I tried talking her into it for the last few years and she scoffed at me. But now, thanks to her great friend who filled out the paperwork against her wishes and turned it in, Kaytlin is now going out for Miss Town of Qtpies!

She started out only doing it for the scholarship money, but now she is actually seeing that it will be fun, and give her some great skills for the future. The winner gets a $1000 scholarship and the princesses get $500. They are not to spend their own money on things, either, they are paying for the dresses.

And I am over the moon! Thanks Samantha! I love you!

8 people think my kids are qtpies:

Carina said...

Does she have to go the whole swimsuit route too?

Mrs. Stam said...

That is so nice !

Joyful Noise said...

Go Kaitlyn - that is great!!!

Grandma J said...

Kaytlin is definitely a QTPie! and she's very poised and talented too! There's no reason she can't win.

michelle said...

How exciting! I wish her all the best.

Michelle

Marlene McGarrity said...

Kaytlin has a great friend who is doing a good job with positive peer pressure. :)

Sassyfrazz said...

I think it is great that Samantha entered her, and that Kaitlyn gets to have this opportunity! Go Kaitlyn! How fun for you both!

Anonymous said...

okay...really lisa, I dont know what to say here...but I'll comment..

Ahh, I am glad she is excited for it now! And I will still talk to her if she wins! :)(great comments guys!)

ohh, and thanks for finalllly mentioning me in your blog...haha...just kidding.

i love you too!!


ohh, and praise the Lord- no swimsuit competition...and talent to add..
-sam