ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 25, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #3

Thirteen replies to stupid things people say to large families. I have tons more comments that I forgot about, lol, so I could go on forever with this one! I'll refresh your memory on the question/comments and then do the replies.
(Please keep in mind that these are just "comebacks" to people who are actually rude enough to ask someone they don't know about their birthcontrol choices! I am not serious about all of them, just trying to bring humor out, or shock people with how unbelievably rude of a question they have just asked! Or insinuated that kids are not valuable and are undesirable in front of my children.)
1. Are they all yours?
1. No, the rest are at home! or No, I left the ugly ones at home.
2. Don't you know what causes that?
2. Yes, but we just love pizza! or Yes, and we are REALLY good at it!
3. Boy, you sure have your hands full.
3. Yes, full of love, and its great!
4. Why would you WANT so many kids?
4. To pay for my social security when I'm old!
5. Haven't you heard about birth control?
5. Birth control is for ugly people.
6. You are overpopulating the world!
6. Seriously, the world is going backwards in population, and the entire world population could stand side by side in the city of Jacksonville, Fl.
7. Are you done yet?
7. I hope not! or Nope, we're only halfway!
8. Are you crazy!
8. Crazy for our kids!
9. Better you than me!
9. Why, yes, obviously its better me than you, I LOVE my great kiddos!
10. How can you possibly give them everything they need/enough love?
10. Oh, dear, I didn't even think about how I was going to run out of love after 2 kids! Geesh, I should give some away! and The kids have everything they need, and most of what they want, with just enough laking to keep them from being spoiled! AND we don't use welfare to raise them.
11. Are you Catholic or Mormon?
11. Nope, I'm just a regular ole Christian who loves the Lord and all the blessings He deems we need.
12. Are you trying for your own sports team?
12. Actually, we are trying to take over the world!
13. How will you pay for all of their college?

13. College? Whats that? We didn't get college paid for, and we are doing awesome, so will our kids. Finding ways to pay for it is a great learning tool for people, and it also teaches creativity and determination for situations in their futures.

Check out other Thursday Thirteens here!

11 people think my kids are qtpies:

alisonwonderland said...

well done! i especially love #2 and #12! i love your positive attitude; your kids are lucky to have such a great mom!

happy TT!

JAM said...

This set is great too. I really like, the "left the ugly ones at home" line.

Why people feel compelled to ask such things of a stranger or someone they don't know well is a mystery to me.

K said...

Great answers!! Those are funny. I can't believe the nerve of those people who ask such rude questions!! I especially like your replies on #12, #7, #4, #2, and #1.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.I am enjoying yours. I am going to be sewing some cloth diapers soon.....that superman one is soooo cute. It may have sparked a few ideas. I am just a novice sewer, so we will see how it goes. I am so looking forward to my family growing and growing. It is amazing the comments I already get with just four kids! You may like my husbands first post on his blog (find the link on mine: Joseppy's).

Aunt Murry said...

I love # 12!

Jen said...

I love it! What a great list!

I have 4 kids, which is apparently a lot around here. Yesterday we were all trooping into Burger King and a woman said, "I remember those days! I did day care for 16 years!" I said, wow, that's a long time for daycare, and then went on. It didn't occur to me until later that she thought I had DAYCARE kids with me! I'm slow sometimes...

Thanks for stopping by :-)

Carina said...

Great comebacks! I love 'em. Particularly #2 and #12. I'd love to talk with a Mom of lots. I only have two, and am having some fierce internal debates about how many more I can handle.

Vida said...

I remember asking a mom of seven how she does it. In retrospect I'm sure she could have been greatly offended, but I think she heard the awe and longing in my voice, and she admitted that it's hard, but fun.

I already get the handful comments and I only have three so far. Imagine when I have more!

Raggedy said...

What a great list!
I loved your answers!
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Brought to you by Her Majesty Magenta said...

Great TT! I love it when people give witty answers to obviously stupid questions. I need to think of some for the rude comments that come my way.

Kat said...

I loved your TT!
I am the only Mormon I know with 1 kid(lol) I wish I could have more...Than I too can take over the world.