ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

February 18, 2007

Contest Winners!


I knew this was going to be hard! I picked the three that struck me for some reason or other more than the others. There were definitely some fun stories to read: birth in the garage, star trek doctor, feet coming out, surprise twins, winning the fertility battles, going into labor ON Labor Day, and horrid nurses and doctors.

Well, by far my favorite post, and I knew it would win the top spot when I read it was by Lauren S. Having your baby in the garage?! That's just awesome! I would actually LOVE for that to happen!

My second favorite is mostly my whole family's favorite. We are complete and total Trekkies around here, and if we went to the hospital and a Dr. Bashir was delivering our baby, well, we would change whatever name we had picked out to some sort of Star Trek name, lol. So, yofed has won the second prize! This won is a bit hard for me, because I bought gift certificates to Target, so I'll have to find something else to send to you!

Then there is the third one. This one I picked because I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE for two of these things to happen to me, and actually pray for it with each ultrasound I have ever had. First, to be laying there watching your new baby floating around in there, and then, oops, whats that? That doesn't belong there! Twins! And then for the water to break and find a foot poking out???! How cool is that! Really! Maybe it would be freaky at the time, but what a good story! (And the fact that his name is Sam had no bearing on winning, just a totally cool coincidence!) Tammy has won the third prize!

Congratulations, ladies! Thank you so much for playing along with me! I may post a couple more of my birth stories, though the other kids had more interesting pregnancies than births.

So, here is my dream birth story from these three posts!

I'm sitting on the table having an ultrasound with my hubby unable to be there. Suddenly the tech starts moving the wand around trying to see something. Whats that? Wait, there seems to be something behind that baby..... its another baby! Look, its a boy and a girl!
I get home and make a big production out of supper. And put out two framed ultrasound pics. One has the girl parts showing and one has the boy parts showing. Donnie can read an ultrasound, so he knows that this can't both be from our baby, which is it? Then it dawns on him. And he faints. Haha, no he doesn't, but he probably feels nauseated and can't finish supper. Wait, who am I kidding, he can finish supper! We are so happy to be having twins! (OK,he is just happy that I am happy, and he'll deal with it)
About 8 months along I'm having some cramping, man, I must have eaten something that disagreed with me. So, we are sitting there watching Star Trek and just as Odo melds into the pool of shape shifters my water busts all over the place, and I can feel a foot sticking out! Oh my gosh, we need to get moving! So we start packing bags and getting the kids all set to take care of things while we are at the hospital. Oh, these cramps are coming on hard now, no doubt about it, these babies are coming! Out we go to the garage to get in the car and I just can't move anymore. Donnie, quick, call 911, the babies are coming NOW! And I put my hand down to stop the baby from dropping and Donnie runs over and helps me deliver the baby right there in the garage! Donnie tries to head to the house to call 911, but the cord is still attached to me! So, I crawl/fall into the car, and he hands me the baby and runs for a towel to wrap the baby. He has Drew call the hospital and tell them we are coming. We head to the hospital, which is only 5 blocks away, to deliver the second baby. My doctor is hunting, of course, isn't he always? So out comes the on call doctor, and her name just happens to be Dr. Crusher! No way! She's the doctor from Star Trek the Next Generation!
So we have the second baby, a girl. We decide we just have to name them Trekkie names. So we went with Jean-luc Picard (last name) and Deanna Troi (last name) haha! And we all lived happily ever after. The End!


Here are links to all the entries, stop on by and congratulate the winners and comment on all the miracle baby stories! They are all amazing and wonderful and I completely enjoyed reading them, thank you for playing with me!

1. Babystepper
2. Janean
3. Janean2
4. Janean3
5. Janean4
6. Jessica
7. Ann
8. Lauren S.
9. yofed
10. Kristen
11. Pam1
12. Pam2
13. Deedee
14. Katkat
15. Tammy
16. stacitee (tessa's story)
17. stacitee (emma's story)
20. Tammy2

8 people think my kids are qtpies:

Staci said...

Great idea. Great contest. Congrats to all the winners. I read every story and they were all great!

Anonymous said...

Oh, too cool! You mean, I win something just because my child got his foot "in the door"? haha! now I gotta go read some more of the rest of the stories!
Tammy :) :) :)
whose "you don't have to look behind you every second" word of verification for the day is liruk

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much! I truly enjoyed every story. Every mom's story is special to her because it brought her child! Thanks for hosting this great contest!

yofed said...

An extra smile to the Trekkie in you: my son's fist word was not daddy or mommy... it was kapla!... No more Star Trek in my house since! lol

Brought to you by Her Majesty Magenta said...

Great choices. I would have chosen the garage story too! I loved reading all the birth stories and your ideal birth story. I did have a friend who had surprise twins, but she didn't have an ultrasound so they found out at the birth. Thank you! It was so much fun!

Anonymous said...

I think that I found your correct e-mail address on your other site, so I sent you an e-mail... hope you got it and aren't thinking I'm some kind of slacker (although chatterbean has assured me that I am not...).
Have a great day!
Tammy :) :) :)
Is that yvkz... a or q??? I'm going with q

Slackermommy said...

What a great contest!

Kat said...

Congrats to the winners! I loved all of the stories!