ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

April 12, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #12

Thirteen Things about Lisa
Words of wisdom from Lisa's Mom, thanks Mom!

Some words of wisdom for you!

1. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and leaky tire. (for my mom it would actually start with locking your keys in the car twice)
2. It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to steal your neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it.
3. Always remember that you're unique. Just like everybody else.
4. Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
5. If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments.
6. Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
7. If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
8. If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
9. Some days you're the bug; some days you're the windshield.
10. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
11. A closed mouth gathers no foot.
12. Duct tape is like 'The Force'. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
13. Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

And the bonus:

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. The Scrap and Knit Blog
2. Jen Holland
3. HomeSchool Mommy
4. Denise's Den
5. Least Significant Bits
6. Babysteps
7. samulli

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


24 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

Very funny!!! I liked that one!

HomeSchool Mommy said...

Sooo funny!

Anonymous said...

Just visiting from TT! What a great list! I had to crack up at the "skip a couple car payments" one...been there!!! LOL!

Denise Patrick said...

Very, very, very funny!! My son carries duct tape around with him at all times. He says you never know when it will come in handy!

JAM said...

Ah. Words to live by.

I love the duct tape one. You're right, $20 to get rid of someone is cheap.

Wonderful list.

Carina said...

Your mom is one classy lady. I can tell just from her advice. The bonus has always been one of my personal favorites. I mean, as advice, not as something to do.

samulli said...

Great list. I love the first one, because it is oh so true. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.
And the one about duct tape. I hadn't heard that one before, but it certainly is true as well. Best invention ever.

Thanks for your comment on my blog, by the way. Good luck with your tattoo. ;o) I'd be interested to hear if you go through with it.

Mercy's Maid said...

EEK! Love that bonus tip. :)

Anonymous said...

Number 6 and 7! So funny! I got a good laugh out of these, thanks!

wishy the writer said...

Great list! My kind of wisdom! Down to earth! and funny!

Unknown said...

I gotta remember the closed mouth gathers no foot theory....and some wisdom for you...try the auto -linkie..saves you alot of time....

Darla said...

Ah, very, very wise. :) I love #8.

Mama Duck said...

LOL trying not too laugh as I have a sleeping sick toddler on my chest, too funny!!

Lisa - Lil' Duck Duck

Kimberley Robinson said...

Thanks for visiting. You are right about vegans. There are different types of vegetarians, #7 is a link to a site which explains them. or check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetarianism.
Great thirteen. very wise words. The duck tape, seems to keep alot of things together. Great invention.

Anonymous said...

These were really funny! Great wisdom to take to heart!

PS. I think you're entitled to be done with homeschooling with 7 kids! :)

KarenW said...

Funny! Especially the bonus.

Unknown said...

LMAO @ the bonus, LOL.

Brought to you by Her Majesty Magenta said...

I LOVED this list! I want to start saying these to my kids. Great TT. And Sam was so cute in the pics above!!!

Unknown said...

That was hilarious! And of course that 'experience' one is unfortunately so very true! :)

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

alisonwonderland said...

very funny! some of these i'd heard before, but not all of them - and #7 made me laugh out loud! have a great weekend!

Dane Bramage said...

I love #6. Its a great way to increase your shoe collection too. And I got a real big chuckle out of #12. I had never heard it before. Thanks for visiting my T13.

Cindy Swanson said...

Those are GREAT...almost reminds me of some of Jack Handey's "Deep Thoughts." Number 5 especially rings true! :)

Stop by my TT when you get a moment...

TopChamp said...

I like this - made me chuckle!!!!

Anonymous said...

These are all good, but $13 is my favorite!