ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

May 07, 2007

Whats with the Love?

This is Samuel. I grew him in my womb. I was throwing up for 22 weeks and spent months on bed rest to keep his sweet, vulnerable, growing body inside of me until he was ready to face the world.
Then I carefully bathed him, clothed him, cloth diapered his tender skin. I lovingly nourish his body with the best God-designed food to help him grow plump and healthy.
I have held him in my arms as much as he wants, cuddling him, gazing into his big blue eyes, nuzzling his wet, drool filled neck with love.
I bring him to my bed at night so he is always warm and safe, and he can cuddle and eat when he wants to, no matter the comfort lost to me.
I give him a taste of my drinks, never complaining about the backwash he leaves, because he is learning and experimenting.
I take him for walks safely cradled in a sling. He can see the world and reach out and touch it, while still sheltered from harm. He reaches out and touches leaves and flowers and bark, and gently keep them from his mouth.
I love my happy son. My gift from God.
Samuel loves his daddy. He waves excitedly when he sees his daddy. He squeals in delight while playing with daddy.
I don't get waves. I get p00p. And spit up. Don't forget the spit up.

13 people think my kids are qtpies:

Lainey-Paney said...

He IS such a qtpie!

:)

yofed said...

Lol... so funny! :) My son is daddy's boy too! Isn't that frustrating at times?

Anonymous said...

He is so beautiful!

MGM said...

What a cutie! And hey, I totally relate (see my recent "Chopped Liver" post).

alisonwonderland said...

daddies always get off easy, don't they?! :o)

Anonymous said...

Ah, he is so sweet. I love my Brandon just as much. I didn't grow him in my womb though. Instead, we got a completely unexpected call from our former foster care agency Christmas week, asking if we would drive 6 hours to pick up a newborn. We packed a bag and our three children and were on our way. Oh how we love him. And oh how he senses it.
I can relate and I think your Samuel is absolutely precious.
Blessings,
~Toni~

Unknown said...

Such a sweet little guy!!
Laura

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous baby! Isn't that the way it works? We do all the work and the daddies get all the love! LOL

Melanie said...

How sweet. You made me laugh and cry! My little girl is the same way. I'm with her all day (and night sometimes) and I get the poop and spit up. Daddy comes home from work and it's all grins an giggles for him!

The Estrogen Files said...

What a sweetie.

My boy is Daddy's boy, too. It must be a boy thing. He loves me, I know, and after I'm gone a while and return, I get the best "HELLO" ever! BoyBoy is 3.

Stacey said...

Oh how well I remember! Not gonna lie, Daddy still takes center stage around our home 17 years later, lol.

Kim C. said...

Ours have always used mama as a sad word (i.e. they say it when they're crying because they have a need and they want me to fill it) while dada has always been a happy word: they see Dad and are ready to play.
Then when they are tired or hungry and done playing, they cry again for mama.
Sweet and unfair at the same time. Sometimes I want to be the fun one, but it's nice to be needed.
:)

Kim C. said...

Beautiful post, by the way. And beautiful baby too. Love the eyes!