ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

June 29, 2007

My Golden Keyboard Award

You can now see my lovely Golden Keyboard Award on my sidebar. I shall display it with pride!

I decided to check out my stats from my Thursday Thirteen post, and I saw that early this morning 25 people had already been by. This baffled me because Friday is not a heavy traffic day for me. So I looked to see where they were coming from, and it was overwhelmingly from Owlhaven. Now, I checked again this afternoon and there have been almost 70 visitors here today, and no one new has left a comment. So, all you visitors from Owlhaven, please leave me a "Hello!" in my comments so I can drop by and visit you, too.

Besides, I could use a "pick-me-up" today.

One of my children has an immunization injury. Its really hard because 1) he doesn't look or appear to have any problems and 2) doctors will NOT help you discover the problem if it is immunization related. I discovered it while doing college research. We knew there was a problem, but we didn't know what it was.
He has many, many symptoms of mercury poisoning. Irritability, Fits of Anger, Memory Loss, Lack of Attention, Depression, Low Self Confidence, Drowsiness, Decline of Intellect (actually has learning disabilities), Insomnia, Low Self Control. Lack of coordination of movements, such as writing. Impairment of speech. Skin rashes. Mood swings.

That was enough to do some more searching. I found something that removes heavy metals from your body naturally and we started that. Its a whole food, natural product, the side effects would possibly be intestinal upset, and bathroom problems. But all his side effects were positive! His grades went from ALL F's to ONE F in one report card! His anger and violence levels were so infrequent that we could trace them to forgetting the supplement. His mood swings were almost non-existent. He sleeps better, he eats better (not better for our grocery bills), feels better about himself, is able to pay attention and remember what he is doing, he isn't irritable all the time.

At one point he decided that he was doing great and didn't need that stuff anymore, so he quit. Things declined, of course. He still refuses because he doesn't want to take pills to make himself likable, he just wants to be likable on his own. Then we discovered that chiropractic helps incredibly, also. But it did not fit in his schedule when school started, she wasn't open when he could go, and we couldn't afford to take him out of school 2-3 times a week with being in special ed already.
But, we discovered accidentally that SPORTS works to release the gases, too! Sports are over.

So, Devon is not getting anything that his body needs to deal with the mercury, and he is acting pretty intolerable to his family, who, in turn, is not being kind to him. It blew up last night and Devon got the short end of the stick and left. That's why I am upset. It genuinely had nothing to do with him, but he's an easy target, and it happened.
Now we need to work things out to make sure he will follow a health plan in order to stay at home, and we need to get some more empathy and understanding out of his siblings.
Its hard to be a parent and see your child hurting and sabotaging themselves. Life is easier for him when he takes things to remove the mercury, why wouldn't he want that? We try to force it, but he feels like we are trying to make life easier for us. I can't imagine how horrible that feels.
He understands, when he is taking his meds, that his is like his "thorn" to deal with in life. That God is going to take this and teach him things, to prepare him for something special in life. He knows that God is going to use him.
My heart breaks for him because if his disability was noticeable, like a physical handicap or Downs Syndrome, people would treat him differently. But because his can't be seen, it seems like he is just a jerk, and is treated like he is. He is not a problem child, though. He is actually a very good kid, a very intelligent and strong young man who will stick to what he feels is right no matter what.

2 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. That situation would be so hard.

I can sympathize because my brother has a disability that cannot be seen too. He can't function at a "normal" level (he is 40 years old and lives with my parents-he always will), and yet is not disabled enough to get any help for his problem. It is so frustrating.

I hope he starts taking his pills!

Family_Dauk said...

I'm sorry you're hurting right now. Congrats on your Golden Keyboard Award!