ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 16, 2007

Babywearing

I love to wear my baby. I have tried 3 brands of ring slings with little success. I thought I loved the Over the Shoulder Baby Holder, but when Sam started standing up in it I knew I had to find something else.
Sam likes to be held. I like to hold him. But I need my hands free with 6 other kids. I finally chose a wrap and bought it. I love my wrap!
When I walk with Sam in a stroller he looks around, but mostly just sits there. When I wear him in the wrap he grabs for tree branches, squeals, tries to fly (at least that is what that arm flapping looks like), talks to people, and generally interacts with the world. It is like two different babies. He is never afraid someone is going take him away from mom, so he is comfortable with everyone talking to him. He is safe and secure.
That is why I love wearing my baby. Not to mention that he can't get into things when I am wearing him. Or take his diaper off. Or eat cat food (or worse).

Go tell Renee why you love wearing your baby. Baby you will be rewarded.

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Mrs. Stam said...

Love this post! Cat food!!! got me thinking I have to hide mine soon when Rebekah will start crawling, time fly by so fast!!!
Thanks foe entering!!!
Renee

Anonymous said...

Great post Lisa and that is a cute picture!

The carrier you have on is something similar to the one I accidentally gave away to the thrift store. Still kicking myself on that one. Nell is sending me a wrap and I'm so excited! I can't wait to see it and test it out.

Mycrazylife said...

I loved wearing my little one too, but she apparently didn't enjoy it as much as I did, as it only lasted about two months before she was looking for the exit door!

Mycrazylife

BlondeBlogger said...

I wish I had worn my babies. Now they're all grown up. :(

Thanks for all the contest links again. You are so awesome for posting those for us!

Alyson said...

I have discovered wearing my little man as well. I love the closeness it gives us.
So said that you use vinegar instead of fabric softener for your diapers...I knew vinegar was good for disinfection but did not realize it is good for softness. When do you use it ? in the rinse cycle?? how much? a cup??
Do you use it on all clothes or just the diapers??