ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 05, 2007

Kidnapping, hijacking, all in the last 24 hours......

That and turning 36.
Last night Donnie wanted to take me to a movie. I did not want to go. I didn't want to spend money, and we were out of hot water for a shower last night, and the gym was already closed, but Donnie insisted that we were going. So I washed my hair in COLD water and felt like I was getting frost bite on my head. When he called me from his cell on the way home I told him I was NOT going tonight, lets go on Sunday. He said no, he wanted to go tonight, not Sunday. So I said "Unless there is no movie tonight and the girls are coming to kidnap me." To which he said "...................." Then I knew. So he said "When they get there you have to tell them you can't go because I am taking you to the movies, because they told me I had better do a better job of lying than Terry did."
So I decided that I would play a little trick on them. But what to do??? Go to the store so I'm not here and they have to hunt me down? No. How about not be ready? But I have to really be ready because they WILL take me out no matter how bad I look. They would probably let me get dressed, but shower? Not so much. I already was showered and dressed, so I went ahead and got all prettied up with make-up and all. But then I put a towel on my hair and put my bathrobe on.
Donnie beat them to our house and he blew his own slip up by saying "They're here now." when they got here. So they look at me sitting on the computer not ready to go and Jody says "Lets go, we'll take you just like that." and Jeannie says "Unless she's ready under there." Ok, so they got me. They're smart cookies.
I still don't know where they were taking me though.
And Donnie was a good lier. He didn't give it away.
We went to Applebees and met Sarah and another Jodi, and then our friend Kara. Jodi and I share a birthday, though I am 9 years older than she is. We stayed until almost midnight and had a great time. We finally broke Jeannie down to our level, but I won't divulge how that happened or what that means!
We started this tradition with Jeannie's birthday, then we kept it up with Sarah, but she figured it out because her husband, Terry, can't lie. Now they got me. All that is left is Jody. Hers is coming up soon and you know she is expecting it. I was expecting it, though I figured they'd do it today. I think we'll just have to not kidnap Jody and just plan something because her husband is traveling so much and she is temporarily working full time.
While I was out being kidnapped, my mom and dd were hijacking my blog. Putting ugly and embarrassing pictures up. The only one they so kindly left out was one of my in my bra when I was a teenager. Now, I know my mom wouldn't have a problem putting that one up, but Kaytlin was too nice. I think it would have been funny, but I probably would have taken that one down, lol. Kaytlin also wouldn't put pics of me and former boyfriends on there because Donnie gets upset when I even mention old boyfriends. Now, to be fair, he only gets upset about two of them, both having been friends of his, lol.
Then, at church today, we were given 4th row tickets to the Minnesota Twins game. But Sam has pink eye and is NOT handling me being away from him very well, and I really didn't think it was a good idea to bring him in public like that. We batted ideas around and Donnie ended up taking Hope-Anne. Long story, but I'm sure she will appreciate the "date" with her daddy. But Donnie and Hope-Anne is a combination that means he will be broke when he gets home.

9 people think my kids are qtpies:

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday! I loved the picture!

alisonwonderland said...

happy, happy birthday! :o)

Ang said...

I'm glad that you had a great birthday! :) and that you got to go out and celebrate w/ great friends!

We just came home from camping, the house is a wreck, my dad is here, and I'm tired!

BTW.. just curious did the milk clear the pinkeye? (Just wondering, since I work in optometry)

Julie said...

happy birthday! That was quite a story.

Kris said...

What a blessing to have so many people conspiring to make your birthday memorale! Glad you had a great birthday!

Michelle said...

Happy birthday to you! That's sweet of your friends to take you out. Sounds like a fun evening. :)

Rebecca said...

Sounds like a good time - Happy belated birthday!!

I want to let you know I posted the results of my TT13 Food Edition! It's up at http://anyapples.blogspot.com/ if you have time to take a look.

:P

Elizabeth F. said...

I don't know how I'm just finding your blog...I've seen you around the blogosphere...but any mom who puts breastmilk in her baby's eye is soooooo my friend!! LOL! I love the video of your boys skate-boarding. I need to make one of my little guys. They'd love that! I just linked you as well. I gotta read more! :-)

Carina said...

My dad and I were the empty wallet combo in our house.

Glad your b-day was so much fun!