ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 09, 2007

Thursday Thirteen~ injuries


Thirteen injuries/bad things my kids have done

Drew
1. Drank Windex. The poison control center said that he'd
probably seem to have the flu, but he could just have the flu
so who knows? Yep, he got the "flu."
2. He reached into a drawer that was over his head and
grabbed a tube of super glue. Know where this is going?
He super glued his eye OPEN.
Kaytlin
3. Fell in the bathtub and split her chin open and needed
stitches. TWICE.
4. Sprained her ankle doing gymnastics.
Devon
5. Fell off of a Little Tykes gym at the mall and fell on his
head on a stone floor. Later I couldn't wake him up.
6. Fell off the playground in our backyard and landed
on the support beam on his nose. I was sure it was broken.
While I was arguing with Donnie about taking him to the
doctor over a broken nose Devon got up and went to play.
7. Walking down the street Devon sprained AND broke his
ankle and I didn't even know he'd hurt it until 2 days later.
8. He skateboarded off the roof of the CHURCH and
landed on his butt on the skateboard. Probably broke his
tailbone, but I don't cater to stupidity so I didn't take him
in. (they don't do anything for a broken tail bone anyway)
Cody
9. Fell sideways off a chair and broke his collar bone.
10. Got flung off a tire swing and broke his nose. The
pediatrician LAUGHED and laughed at that!
11. Sliced his finger open cutting summer sausage with a
"miracle knife", needed 4 stitches.
Trinity
12. Tried to go outside naked, so Cody slammed the door
right on her finger, she needed 4 stitches in her little,
tiny pinkie finger.
13. She was running and fell and hit her ear on our
baseboard slicing through the cartilage even. They thought
they would need at least 3 stitches, but one on the edge
held it! And she did NOT cry at all for the stitches.

So far, Hope-Anne and Samuel have not had to go to the ER
for anything they caused.






“Let’s rock The Rock Chick’s World! Send Life is RANTastic to the A-List.” Shelly says "Jessica’s posts are pithy and fun to read. She knows what’s happening in the world of entertainment. She’ll take you on a journey without you having to leave your chair, as she tells you about stalking Jon Bon Jovi or riding on an elephant at a Renaissance Fair. She can tug your emotions with a post about her grandfather, or have you rolling on the floor with laughter as she muses about Paris Hilton."

16 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I think that is worse than us (medically speaking!) LOL!
#8 though... I guess the sore bum worked as a spanking for pulling that stunt!

Jeremy Lowe said...

Only child, so I had no siblings to abuse me. I still managed to tear the end of my index finger off between a chain and sprocket on a riding lawnmower when I was 13. I walked in the house with blood dripping down my arm and my mother passed out cold on the floor. Dad looked at it and said there was enough fingernails left we didn't need to go to the doctor so we just cleaned it out taped it to a pair of popsicle sticks with some gauze dressing and now today I can't type because I have no feeling in the end of the finger. But anyway back then we didn't have insurance and my parents were too proud to go in and get a service without paying for it at the hospital.

Sounds like he got quite a crew, happy TG

Lori said...

You have your hands full....do they know you by name in the ER??? lol...well at least none of them put a fork thru their nose;)

Chelle Y. said...

That is why I only have one! Haha, just kidding!

I actually cringed when I read this. :)

www.chelleyoung.com

Anonymous said...

You are lucky, I could do two TTs of injuries for my kids and I only have three kids...

Wow, now I have a TT for next week!
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

You are lucky actually. I could do two TT posts full of my kids injuries and I only have three kids!

Oh great, now I have a TT for next week. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Do they know your name at the ER?

I once gave my kids (all three) my husbands anti-biotics. They all immediately threw up all over the hotel room floor. Don't even ask why we still went away when we were so sick.

Nikki said...

WOW! They sure have been through alot and thankfully they were all minor :) I enjoyed reading your blo!

Carina said...

Being a mommy is so scary! You just never know from one moment to the next if your child will still have all his fingers. (Or his front teeth) =)

Michelle said...

Oh my word that's a lot of accidents! I'm grateful we've only been to the ER once. Glad they all are ok!

I tagged you for a meme. :)

Spy Scribbler said...

Wow! Um, I'd be scared all the time, with that track record!

Happy TT!

Kathy said...

Thanks for stopping in for a visit! My "qtpies" and I had a good laugh reading your TT! You probably don't even have to fill out any more forms at the hospital, they just know you & your family!! Haha!

Kris said...

Girl, I think your babies should be born with helmets and full-body-armor!

So far my Kelsey's the only one gone to the ER for an injury--and she's had three...all self-inflicted with the lone exception of the two front teeth that were knocked out by her brother running her over with his bicycle. Thankfully, she was seven so it was "time" anyway!

Jackie said...

Most of the stories that would be on my family's list of injuries/bad stuff, I've conveniently blocked from my memory! It's a wonder kids live to adulthood!

Anonymous said...

Ouch!

MamaToo said...

I loved this list, and the intro to your family it gave me! Good to know there are more adventures in store for us. :)