ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 15, 2007

Ladies Night Out~ Quelf Edition

I know my peeps are checkin' my blog to see what I had to say about last night's Ladies Night Out. We played Quelf. 'Nuff said.

Ok, You know I'm way too windy for that! But for the record, what happens at Ladies Night, stays at Ladies Night. I can only talk about Sarah, Jody and Jeannie, because they are my friends and they have to forgive me, and the people who don't read my blog who were there, because they won't find out. (just kidding)

Yesterday I found out that the youth pastor did not look at the calendar when he planned an activity with the teens. We've been on there for oh, a YEAR. We would have moved somewhere else if we'd known and had time to announce it. So we were just going to have to share the church with a few (hundred) teens. Teens, don't go through the kitchen area. Did they care? Not so much. They'd come in, we'd tell them to get out. "We're just going through." "No, your not. Get out." Over and over and over. So I put up signs on the doors. "Do NOT Enter. Do not walk through. Do not use this bathroom. Jesus Loves You!" But did they care? Nope, they kept walking in. And we kept telling them to GET OUT. Other than that, we were left alone.

So, we had a noob there. Broke her in good. Really, everyone enjoyed the game and humiliated themselves willingly. It was fun. The food was awesome, again.

We have this new secretary at the church and she writes the bulletins and stuff. Her name is Michal. Yes, its a boy's name. Anyways, we told her to write "same bat time, same bat channel" for our announcement. She totally goes all out and writes the funniest stuff, it keeps us cracking up all the time. So, for this week's announcement she wrote the time "7:30-past curfew." We are out until midnight, 1am, 2am.... It cracked people up. I should make Mondays "Michal's Monday" and write the funny stuff she's put in the bulletin, or the announcements, or the newsletter, lol.

Why are you still here? Are you thinking I might post what some of the Quelf cards were? The embarrassing things we had to do? I can't do that! Nicky wouldn't want me to tell about the crazy chicken dance she did. And I'm sure Paula wouldn't want me to tell everyone that she had to ask her foot's permission to speak. And I definitely don't want to talk about how I had to read every card like a hell-fire and damnation preacher. And Anna had to sit in my lap until her next turn, she wouldn't like it if I blabbed that. Man, you guys are so nosey!

1 people think my kids are qtpies:

Jessie said...

Okay - I don't know what Quelf is. I'm going to have to investigate that one! But enjoyed your story none the less. :) So true that teens can't read signs -or get the hint of "leave us alone!" -or "why aren't you where you're supposed to be?" :) But seriously, the world (and church) would be a boring place without them - which may not be so bad an evening or two every now and then! :)