ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 03, 2007

Quelf



Whew. I can't tell you how tired I am after playing Quelf! As we were playing the game my friends kept saying "Oh, she's gonna blog about THAT!" And they are right!

First of all, this game is silly. It started out pretty awkward and uncomfortable. Some singing here and there, having to sit with your hands on your head until your next turn, etc.

But soon we got in the swing of things and were jumping and screaming and snorting and rapping and pointing-izzle! We could not stop laughing! And that was very bad, for me, which made everyone else really laugh, which made me laugh more and that was bad, for me. You see, I had to snort like a pig every time I laughed or I had to pay a penalty. Now, paying a penalty of going back two spaces isn't so bad, but I had snort through the whole game until a new roolz card replaced it. Which did not happen. You can't imagine my husband's joy to hear me snort. And then there came a Global Roolz card that when it is not your turn you have to end every sentence with izzle. Every sentence-izzle. Or pay the penalty.

Ok, so that was all fun and games. But then the kids found out that we had to jump up out of our seats and yell "Pizza Party!" every time the phone rang or the doorbell rang. Oh, yes, the teens started calling on their cell phones. Of course that got me laughing, which meant I had to snort like a pig, and then everyone would laugh harder, and I had to keep snorting because I couldn't stop laughing!

One of the guys that was here was our mayor for quite some time. Very quiet, knowledgeable, NORMAL guy. He had to make up and perform a rap for us about himself! His kids were shocked that he did it, lol.

I was the waitress. I had to serve everyone whatever they wanted until I was able to replace my card. Waiting on them was much better than the snorting. But I got to pass the waiter card to an opponent when I replaced it! So Jody had to be the waiter! Even though it was my house!

I could go on and on, because there was no end to the laughs. Later I will be posting some of the creative writing that had to be done. But I am so tired and I need to get some sleep. Much needed sleep. Because tomorrow it all starts up again. My dd wants to have her friends over to play it, too.

Please pray for Kaytlin, she has a health issue that warranted a trip to the ER, but we decided to hold off a day and see what happens because she was not in pain. It could be pretty minor all the way to cancer, so we do have to go in if things are not resolved today.

Have a great holiday today-izzle!



6 people think my kids are qtpies:

BlondeBlogger said...

LOL! That sounds like fun. I'll have to check it out.

Hey, my new contest is up so be sure to come enter. It's a good one! :)

Carina said...

Ok, so I've never actually seen you, but I can just see you playing this game!

Anonymous said...

That game sounds hilarious! And I'll pray for Kaytlin.

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun!

Prayers for Kaytlin!

Happy Labor Day!

Me said...

That sounds like a great game!!! Sorry I missed it!! I bet it was hilarious to watch!:) We will be praying for Kaytlin!

Anonymous said...

Hey! check out these people playing Quelf on youtube! I think they may have gotten worse cards than we did even!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3xqyImKxIs


Thanks again for a fun evening!