ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

April 09, 2008

Life is backwards

My oldest 3 children have buried more friends in high school the last 4 years than my aging parents have buried family and friends combined.
Yet another teenager, a girl who was Kaytlin's friend, died this week. I was not home yesterday, so I don't know what happened yet, but it was possibly a suicide. Kaytlin was a bundle of nerves yesterday, Donnie said. She sounded horrible when I called her, but she wouldn't talk about it.
Kaytlin is 16 and has lost more friends than I have at 36. I think I have 2 friends who have died. One was a classmate that I wasn't close to, and one was a good friend from high school who died a couple of years ago. And then my husband's brother died, I knew him, but he was much younger. I was dating Donnie when his brother committed suicide.

I can't even give an accurate count of Kaytlin's friends who have died, maybe 4 personal friends and several other kids who she knew from school? Drew and Devon have lost either classmates, acquaintances or their friends' siblings have died.

I can't even imagine.

My heart just aches for these parents. I know my children are the Lord's, but if they aren't? How do you go on?
Please pray for the teens in our town. They have gone through so much in the last few years. Please pray for the parents of this girl.

9 people think my kids are qtpies:

Unknown said...

So sad. Im sorry your children have had to grieve like that!

Wendy said...

Sad times that we live in, to be sure. My prayers to your children, and the families of their friends.

Carina said...

I'm so sorry they have had to experience that. I guess we've lived a pretty sheltered life, here. I wonder what it will be like for my kids when they're teens. Scary.

JAM said...

That's brutal. My younger daughter went to a huge high school and already has several friends that have died. Less than a month ago, one of her drama class friends from school killed herself. She'd been to birthday parties and swimming parties at out house, and so it shocked Lovley Wife and me, but really tore our daughter up. None of the kids saw it coming, even with 20/20 hindsight.

Tarasview said...

that is tragic. I'll pray.

Sassyfrazz said...

I am so sad to hear the news! My heart aches with Kaitlyn! So sad that the teens have experienced all this...and suicide on top of it. It is sad to think that life is so bad in the teen years, that they feel they need to take their life. Oh...and what their parents are facing...just horrific!

I will keep Kaitlyn, the teens, and the families in my prayers.

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

praying for your children and all these deaths have impacted
so very sad
so very tragic
Jen

Unknown said...

Do most of those kids who have died commit suicide? If you don't mind me asking, why is the death rate of young people so high? My heart aches and I will be praying.

Jackie said...

I'm so sorry.

Having worked now for several months in my kids' high school, I can see how our godless culture is hurting our young people. I think you nailed the issue on the head -- how does anyone do it without God? There is no way.