ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

April 26, 2008

Prom Preparations

It is Drew's senior prom today. You know, that special day with dressing up in tuxedos and spagetti strap dresses with open-toed shoes.
This is what the kids got to wake up to today:






The pool was out because it was 79 degrees on Wednesday and I took the little ones out to swim. (after carting 15 buckets of hot water outside so it was tolerable.) Do you think the girls planned for snow at the end of April enough to buy shawls? I'm thinking not.

But that was only the beginning of Drew's trouble.

He went to shave this morning and found his sister stole his razor and took it to Rochester with her so she can shave to swim at the hotel.

He bought new, white undershirts for under his tux shirt. Let's see how that turned out for him:




Um, yeah, medium isn't necessarily going to fit you when you buy children's med/6-8. You should have seen him trying to take it off, we may post the video later.

And then, I sent Drew to buy some snacks for us because it is snowing and we will be without a vehicle since he is taking it for prom.

He dropped my salsa on the parking lot tar and smashed it.


We have decided that Drew's goal was to see how many times he can make it on my blog during "Ignore your kids week."

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Unknown said...

Oh, how depressing! Where do you live? I hate it when Easter or Prom or any other event that's supposed to be sunny and warm and pretty is cold and snowy and dreary. Like Easter this year. Or every year, here in Indiana!

Tell Drew that the undershirt is hilarious! I can't believe he let you take his picture, but it's great!

I hope he has fun anyway and that you're all set for snacks. :-)

TTYS - Sniz

Grandma J said...

Molly and I got Ruth off to prom too... Thanks to our good friend, Sassyfrazz! Terry dropped off a few dresses this morning, and one of them fit her perfectly, except we had to then go run and buy a strapless bra, pantyhose, and make-up. Yes! Ruth is wearing make-up! I put her hair up in a french braid and Molly was the make-up artist. She's really pretty good at it. The dress did have a wrap with it, hopefully that helped.

Sassyfrazz said...

It is very depressing that it is almost May and we get blasted with more snow! We went to see my aunt and uncle day, and they had snow drifts! It looked like January there!

The shirts are hilarious! I really can't believe he allowed a photo, either. That is too funny!

Carina said...

I love the tank top! He should've just gone with that and tuxedo slacks for the prom. If he was worried about his tummy showing, he could've worn a cummerbund too.

Jessie said...

Oh geez! It was really windy here for prom night - at least there wasn't any snow!!! I did a girl's hair for prom - that's alot of hairspray!
Drew looks like he is posing for a project runway walk down the cat walk - hysterical!