ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

July 24, 2008

Another successful kidnapping

Tuesday was Sarah's birthday. Of course we couldn't do something ON her birthday, she has a standing date with old college friends. Usually we (Jeannie, Jody, Sarah and I, and now including my mom) do weekend kidnappings, at least it seems that way. Maybe I am wrong. But we went for the middle of the week and even got her husband involved. Sarah doesn't like not being ready to leave, so her husband had to find a way to get her ready to go without giving it away. So he told us we made him sin, twice, by lying to his wife.
He did a good job. This year.
In order to shake things up a bit we planned a movie instead of dinner. We took her to Mama Mia. I don't think any of us had high expectations of the movie. Sure, we expected a few laughs, but we didn't expect to laugh constantly! It is a great movie! There are some, ahem, shocking, parts, but it was over all funny and wonderful. Go see it! Really! I have hunted a bit and can't find a pic I want to share: Pierce Brosnan's outfit in the very ending piece. Oh my word, he almost lost his place as my number 2 Hollywood hottie!
(I could go off onto a big rant here about how the movie theater is actually showing COMMERCIALS now. Real commercials! Like spagetting sauce commercials! I don't get a discount for watching them, I paid my ticket, I don't want to watch commercials!)

After the quick run to the bathroom and then begging some random stranger to take our pics, with 3 cameras, we then went to our usual birthday haunt, Applebees. For half price appetizers, of course. Lets just say we got carried away a bit.
Yes, that would be a sampler plate, spinach-artichoke dip, quasadillas, hot wings, nachos, and onion rings. For 5 people. Don't worry, we had doggie bags to bring home.
Happy birthday, Sarah!!!
What do you think about movie theaters starting to show commercials before the movie previews?

2 people think my kids are qtpies:

Sassyfrazz said...

Thanks for such a wonderful, fun, and memorable evening! That movie rocked! You ladies are super!!

Chesco Mom said...

Thanx for stopping by Chester County Moms...

I love the birthday kidnapping idea.

My friends and I are going to see Mama Mia on Friday night.

Nothing like ending the week a fun filled night out with friends.

Blog On!

Sarah
Chesco Mom