ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 01, 2008

Sad Rejoicing


Today is such a strange day. This morning I got to go and rejoice with a friend and snuggle and cuddle and kiss on her brand new baby girl. Who happens to be so amazingly cute and tiny, at 5lbs 12oz, with a head full of adorable hair!

Then I got to run home and change clothes to go bury a friend's baby.

Same day.

My friend Jeannie's step daughter, Ruth, lost her baby to placenta previa at 21 weeks on Sunday. His tiny little hands and feet were perfectly formed. You could even see the eyelashes growing in.

The funeral was a small, grave side service. Very short and touching. The casket was so small it broke my heart. Standing there thinking of the babies I've lost and how hard it was made me ache for Ruth. And thinking of how I would feel standing there looking at a casket that held one of my babies that I had grown inside of me, that tore me up inside.
By 21 weeks of pregnancy a mother has already imagined her sweet baby's birth, and dreamt of what he would look like. Imagined that child growing up and being great in the world! The dreams you have for your child before they are even born!
Lets just say I didn't make it through the funeral without crying, a lot. Without tissues.

But then I went and held little Kassie and sniffed her sweet newborn smell! I'm so happy for Jody and her husband, Dan! Congratulations, you guys!

11 people think my kids are qtpies:

Lisa said...

Oh my, I am so so sorry, I will pray for comfort and peace for your friends step daughter. What a bitter, sweet, day for you.

Ashley said...

I got BlogSwapped with you! I really like your blog, it's very cute and fun to read!!

Mrs. Stam said...

God does work is diffrent ways and it's some times hard to understand why some babies are born and some need to dies!

BTW the baby picture is so adorable!!!!

Kris said...

Talk about bittersweet! Oh my.

Anonymous said...

Mixed emotions. Just talked with Ruth on the phone. That's exciting with Jodi and Dan's new baby girl. Thanks for the update. Hopefully everything is going well with your family. Tell them hi from me.

Chad the absent youth pastor

Sassyfrazz said...

Yes, it was a mixed up day...birth, funeral, and the 90th birthday party for Ed at church? I am saddened for Ruth with her sorrowful loss. I rejoice for the beautiful little girl born to our great friends!

Lee Weber said...

Oh my, what a day you had. 21 weeks is so far along!

I love all of the posts on your blog, swap sister! Your children are gorgeous. Pleases stop by my blog!

Unknown said...

We know that Glory is a much better option than earth, but it's still difficult to endure these precious losses. I will pray for both families!

Well, on the shirt tails of this heart wrenching post, I do have something that might cheer you up a little... YOU WON MY GIVEAWAY! I'm not even going to remind you about what it is. Just come visit me...

Hugs, KJ

Henry said...

that would crush my heart. what a strange and unexpectated thing to lose a baby before it's had a chance to breathe the air. when i was pregnant, it was my worst fear.. i'll be thinking of your friends

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your friends loss.

Jackie said...

He gives and takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.