ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

November 29, 2008

Keeping my eyes where they should be

When we found out about the lay-offs that were coming at Donnie's work, both of us just knew it was going to be Donnie. Could be intuition from God, or the fact that his boss has had it out for him for over a year, but we knew. But we both had extreme peace about it.
Even when he actually got laid off, we were still at peace.
When they didn't pay Donnie his last paycheck and we are not sure about getting the severance package, we started panicking. Well, I would say I was pretty much in a full blown anxiety attack on Thursday.
I put my focus back on God, and grabbed onto that peace that passes all understanding.

Really, what am I in danger of losing?

First, my electricity. Well, that wouldn't be fun. We wouldn't be able to live in the house, we'd have to move in with family. And I am sure that my dad would pay my electric before he'd have me move in with 6 kids, lol. They can't cut off gas in the winter in Minnesota, so our heat is safe is the power is on.
Second, food. How could we afford to feed us? That one doesn't worry me. God ALWAYS provides food. At least that has been my experience. We are only supposed to worry about the food for today, tomorrow can worry about itself. We have meat in the freezer. Other food will come. I have seen God work miracles in this area.
I could lose my house. That is a long way down the road, though. Again, you can't evict people in the winter in Minnesota. And foreclosure takes like 6 months, and then they can auction it, and then you get 6 more months to get it back, or something like that. (and then it will be winter again, lol) What are the odds that we won't have it worked out in a year?

Let's say we lose our house. Well, that would be a bummer financially, as that stays on the credit report for a long time. But the house? Just a thing. Even much of the "stuff" inside would not bother me to lose it. I would give a lot of it to others if I had to. And I could store things at my dad's.
We won't be living in the streets, we do have family that would take care of us. We won't starve. And we will see God bring us through some amazing trials and see huge answers to prayer. The kids may also learn some great lessons about faith and where our heart should be. We'll learn those things, too.

So, I am keeping my eyes on the Lord, and I am willing to go through what He takes me through. Will I get upset? Sure. Depressed? Probably. Lose faith? Not a chance. Have a tantrum? Oh, for sure.

So, as I sit here wondering if we will even have money to eat with, much less have Christmas, God sent me a present.

Out of the blue, I got a box in the mail. Now, that is not unusual, I get review boxes all the time. But this box is big, and I didn't know what it was.

I won a Playskool "Do You Believe In Play?" essay contest, and didn't know it! I won first prize (along with 24 other people)! I was blown away! It has 4 presents for kids in it! Nice presents. One thing that Trinity specifically asked for! Now I have a present for Trinity, Sam, my nephew Austin, and my nieces, Morgan and MacKensie! (they will share)

They are very, very nice presents, the total value is $160.

I consider it a gift from God because I know that God will allow us to be in our house through Christmas and plans to let us enjoy it. The gifts will not be the part we enjoy the most, we will be focused on God's provision. But it was hope and a light for me. I put my eyes and trust back where they belong, and God gave me a treat.
Sit! Look at your Master. Good girl!

10 people think my kids are qtpies:

Jackie said...

Keep keeping your eyes on the Creator of everything. I am praying for you, Lisa, through a tough time. But then, it's the tough times that help us rely on God all that much more.

Michelle said...

You are AWESOME! I wish more people would look at their situations with the perspective that you have. You are 100% right, we do what's right and God will take care of us. He always does. Great post!

Sassyfrazz said...

That is great, Lisa! I really think God does bless us when we keep our focus on HIM!! Yes, he will always protect us!

I will keep praying for Donnie to get a job offer, and that everything works out for his pay coming from his previous job.

We didn't go last night because we already did so much running around. I just wanted to come home last night after getting together with my girlfriends.

See you tomorrow?

McCoy Farm said...

Amen, Lisa! We're in the same boat with you all. My DH is facing lay-off, my job's census has been down so we're in the process of downsizing, just in case. We don't know where the Lord is leading us but we're preparing for what's to come! Keep the Faith!

Lisa said...

That is where I put my trust! Things will be slim this year, but we also teach our kids Christmas is not about what or how much you get but about Christ, and learning about giving our ourselves to others who do not have what we have. God has provided for us gifts for the children I have won thru giveaways and such. Such amazing blessings and amazing Grace God continues to bless us with and I know he will continue to bless you as well.

Unknown said...

what a beautiful fantabulous attitude and what a great blessing that box was

Unknown said...

Lisa, I encourage you to hold on to Him through this, as I know you will. I personally know how blessed you will be on the other side of it. My husband and I have been through this several times in the last 3 1/2 years or so since I got pregnant with our first baby. Right when I got pregnant, we discovered that my husband wouldn't have a job. My daughter's middle name is Faith because of that, because we knew God would take care of us. And he did. Now, a few years and a few jobs later, we have a house and two children, and have just gone through the same thing. Hubby's job was going nowhere, and he finally fasted over it and a few days later he got a phone call with the most amazing opportunity. It's a stable, sure, steady income for him, and we will be okay. We won't be rich and have never been nor wanted to be, but we will keep our house and feed our family. We have been so blessed, so very blessed. Through that time I have several times been near panic, but I always knew that NO MATTER WHAT (even if that meant loosing our house), we would be okay. And we are. The Bible says that we will encounter hardships, but they will help us in the long run. Be blessed.

Unknown said...

PS. I stay home with our babies, so we were faced with absolutely no income.

Joyful Noise said...

God is blessing you even now! Glad you could see that in this passing moment of hardship! Make sure you are on the lookout for other smaller ways God is showing you that He is faithful. Most of the time we miss it but when we are facing situations like this it is easier to see! You know that we will help in ANY way that we can...you are part of our family!

mary grace said...

I absolutely know where you're coming from right now. Dh just rec'd notice that his job would be eliminated come Jan. 1 about a week ago. At first, it set me in a tailspin. Then I felt a nudge from the Lord reminding me of how many times He's carried us through FAR harder things and realized that my worry was absolutely without basis. It'll all be o.k.!