ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 19, 2009

Medications, confusions, reactions?

As we get older, I am finding more and more prescription bottles in my cabinet. I didn't used to worry about it, but now there are meds that have to be taken daily and every other prescription needs to be bounced off of that one. How do you keep track of your whole family and their meds and allergies and what reacts with what? 
Somehow, it still happens that people don't know that taking an antibiotic will render the birth control pill useless. Why are doctors not telling patients that? I bet the women don't even think to mention they are on the pill. 

Drugs.com is the place to go for in-depth information on any medication you are taking. I am so happy to have learned that they have taken their information one step further and launched Mednotes to keep track of your whole family and the medications they take. It is so detailed! You register with age, sex, and the meds you use right down to the dosage size, and then when you add a med or are thinking of adding a medication, you can type it in and see if there are any adverse reactions. You want to trust your doctor, but in the end, you are going to have to take the initiative to be sure that things are safe. 

I tested things out and found that my allergy meds are not recommended for use while nursing. And Donnie's meds and mine do not mix, not that we do mix them, I was just checking them out. 

I think their new site is a brilliant way to help people take charge of their healthcare, and the health of their whole family! You can now know the dangerous side-effects that many doctors don't even mention. Plus, it is FREE! 


1 people think my kids are qtpies:

Lisa said...

Good idea I will have to go and check it out...