ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

February 13, 2009

Aloha Friday


In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that Hawaiians take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So Kailani thought that on Fridays we should take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.
You can play along or find others at An Island Life.
What is your all-time favorite marriage book?
Mine is Love and Respect. Very good book! At least for couples to read together. But even if only one person reads it, it is great.
For women to read, it is Creative Counterpart by Linda Dillow. Hands down.

18 people think my kids are qtpies:

Pegsy said...

I have to agree with you about "Love and Respect." It's really the only marriage book that has ever been truly helpful for us. Great question!

Joyful Noise said...

I would also agree - Love and Respect.

Nina said...

I have never read a marriage book. Could probably use one for the two of us for raising kids... LOL.

Tim said...

I have not written it yet. :)

Grandma J said...

I don't know that I've ever read an entire marriage book. I've read most of "For Women Only", and it was pretty good. I'm really enjoying "I Do Again" and actually want to finish it. I own a couple of others, that I started, but never finished, like:
When Couples Pray: The Little-Known Secret to Lifelong Happiness in Marriage, by Cheri Fuller
and
Is There A Moose In your Marriage?: Removing the Roadblocks through the Power of God, by Nancy Cobb and Connie Grigsby.
I didn't do the Love and Respect conference, but I was there working in the kitchen...and caught bits and pieces of it.

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Honestly have to say that I do not have one.

Momstart said...

Dr. Dobbson wrote a book, I cna't remember what it was but it's great

sues2u2 said...

I have the women from venus/men from mars one but haven't read it all!

Heather said...

I have read quite a few relationship books. But, none have really helped as much as the love languages book by Gary Chapman.

Once we learned what love languages we thrived on, it gave a new level of comfort and appreciation to our marriage. My husband is a giver. But, I don't want services or gifts, I want words of affirmation. And, he wants personal touch and closeness. Which is my lowest category. Once we were aware of these things, we could consciously take strides to make each other happier.

collyn23 said...

you've won a award here http://beautifulangelzz.blogspot.com/2009/02/yay-another-award.html

Margo said...

How We Love by Milan and Kay Yerkovich... fabulous

Anonymous said...

I'm not married so I've never read a marriage book. I love to read though!

ParentingPink said...

Whew! Honestly, I've not read many marriage books - but I do like the book "Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus". It's sooooo true!

Anonymous said...

I don't have one but I'm about to work on the Love Dare so maybe that will be it!

janetfaye said...

I have to say that I have never read a book on marriage. I like to read mystery books.

Cheryl Pitt said...

I haven't read many marriage books at all. But the one that made the biggest impression on me was one I read right after I was married. The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck. It taught me a lot about respect. Now, I don't know if I'd still recommend it as I don't remember it being Christian-based but it helped put me understand myself and my husband better.

Jennifer said...

My husband liked His Needs Her Needs.

Jenni said...

I've never read one!