ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

March 07, 2009

A strange new life

I'm sitting here on the couch cuddled up with Samuel. Sam didn't like laying in the bed with Donnie and Trinity, he had to come find me and go back to sleep after I got up. Only mom will do for a snuggle partner. That is just such a sweet time in mommy-hood.

I look at his sweet fat cheeks and his wispy eyelashes laying against his skin and just think what a lovely creation he is. And God saw fit to lend him to me.

My whole life used to be filled with that feeling. I had 5 young children who needed me all the time. There was always someone on my lap or clinging to my leg or snuggled up against me on the couch. There was never a night where someone didn't end up in our bed to snuggle. (there idea of snuggling wasn't always pleasant, a foot in the face doesn't feel so hot at 3AM)

But now my time with my children is growing shorter. I have two who will snuggle with me, one only sometimes. The other five are moving on with their lives. It is so strange how that transition took place with hardly a blink. I fought it. I didn't want to them to grow and become independent, but I had to allow it, even push for it.

So, I sit here and enjoy snuggling my baby as most of my older children hustle and bustle on with their own lives. Drew has moved out and is becoming a man across the country from me. Kaytlin and Devon are holding down jobs and are not around as much. Cody and Hope-Anne are off with friends. With in moments I am going to be down to two kids in the house.

With in moments I am going to only have two kids in the house. And then they will be gone, too.

I choose to snuggle.

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Carina said...

I'm making a conscious effort to enjoy every last snuggle I can. They're already growing so fast! Today we are celebrating Zaya's 5th birthday. I can't believe it!

Grandma J said...

It's amazing how fast your children grow up and move out and move on... but it's okay, because eventually they come back and bring you grandbabies to snuggle...which is quite possibly an even sweeter time in your life.

Sassyfrazz said...

Somedays I relish in the snuggling and time with my little ones, then somedays I can't wait until the grandma stage comes. It is a sweet feeling when they are sleeping in your arms. Cole is sleeping in my arms right now.

Polly Pierce said...

Snuggling in the morning and last thing at night can be challenging when the snuggler is eleven years old and never stops talking!

It's good though that I can still enjoy this precious delight and watch the angel come back into this childs face as he falls asleep...
I love it! It won't be long until he's too old for his Mum, will it?

I also love your new look, haven't been by for a while, look at how those kids have grown! Keep up the good work...

Workship said...

Snuggling! Great Choice!!
Loved your post.