ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

April 07, 2009

Getting ready for Easter!

I get to serve Easter lunch every year for Donnie's family. I take it as a challenge to make something fun and new every year. But right now, times are tight, budget and time-wise. I always look for ways to make things easy, as well as inexpensive and yummy.


I got a great recipe from Making Life Better (a website by Unilever products ) for Country-Style Glazed Ham using Shedd's Spread Country Crock. It looks and sounds delicious.



5-to 6- lb. fully-cooked ham butt end
2 Tbsp. Shedd's Spread Country Crock®
Calcium plus Vitamin D
1 small onion, chopped
1 jar (12 oz.) apricot
preserves
2 Tbsp. brown or Dijon-style mustard
1/4 cup firmly packed
dark brown sugar
1 can (20 oz.) sliced pineapple in natural juice, drained
(reserve 1 Tbsp. juice)


I am going to be making that this year.


I love the recipes that I find there, things that make life easier. Such as using Lipton Onion Soup Mix to make fantastic tasting roasts. Or one dish meals like Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo.


In Sunday's paper there was a coupon to get up to $20 back on your ham or turkey purchase by mail when you buy $40 in Unilever products during the month of April. That is a great deal!


The website has more than just great recipes, the articles are great, too. Articles on saving money, Family-Night Ideas, Get Active: Ideas for the Whole Family, Family Meals May Prevent Eating Disorders, and spring cleaning tips.


Go check out the great spring holiday recipes available on Unilever's consumer Web site, MakingLifeBetter.com.


Thank you MomCentral, for telling me about this great website!

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Lisa said...

Cool I will have to check it out. Since I am so not a ham fan I am cheating this year (on strict bed rest trying to keep myself from going back into the hosp) I am haveing a meal from Boston Market, if I depended on hubby it would be pizza or hotdogs for Easter dinner.

Sassyfrazz said...

I love this website, and I am happy we got to review it!

Grandma said...

Yummm - the ham recipe sounds great. I may have to give it a try this year. We have our ham all ready, along with sweet potatoes and a salad. Trying to be good about skipping dessert but.... :)

Have a blessed Easter.