ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 19, 2009

Daniel X: Watch the Skies

When James Patterson first started Daniel X, it was to get young boys interested in reading. I am all for a book that will get my boys reading! I couldn't get Cody started on the book, so I broke down and started reading it out loud to him. I fell in love with Daniel X! It is sort of a Men in Black with teenaged boys. Very funny and off beat.
Then came the graphic novel. THAT got Cody hooked.

Next came Daniel X: Watch the Skies. I recently finished reading the book and it was immediately snatched by a young teen boy in the house.

In Watch the Skies, and alien called Number 5 is turning Earth into a reality TV series for aliens, but none of the earthly actors survive. Daniel has to stretch his abilities and his thinking powers in order to figure out what is REALLY going on, and to beat Number 5, who is much stronger than he is.
I thought this was a fun book with lots of creative scenarios sure to interest teen/pre-teen boys.

Thank you to Mother Talk for including me on this tour!

0 people think my kids are qtpies: