ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 14, 2009

One of my least favorite things to do.

And that is what I am doing this weekend. Can you guess?

Camping. I don't like bugs, spiders, ticks, grass, dust, mud, smoke, sleeping in tents, fresh air...... So there is not much about this coming weekend to get me excited. I am camping with friends, so I will enjoy visiting, but that is it.

Instead of sitting at home working on the computer, cleaning laundry and dishes and maybe watching a movie I get to pack, shop, cook, pack, wash clothes and towels, pack, make lists, forget important things like sunscreen, shop for the food Sam ate after I packed it, get there and help set things up, unpack, do things I don't enjoy, pack things back up come home and unpack and clean it all up.

All that instead of my normal Ladies Night Out. Mmmhmm. Not cool.

To be fair, Donnie agreed years ago that I wouldn't have to do the work of camping. He would do it all. However, he doesn't. I could make him, of course, but do you think he would pack underwear for the kids or me? Well, he would for me, but it would be thongs or something, lol. Would he get all the food or think of silverware? Would we all have blankets and pillows?

But he gets to set up the tent and things, do all the cooking and cleaning with the kids, and tear things down. I don't do that. I do pack up, because that means getting home sooner!

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Carina said...

How about squatting in the bushes and trying to find a leaf that doesn't cause pain or rashes. That's my least favorite part.

michelle said...

Camping could be more enjoyable, if, like you say, it wasn't so much work. For everybody else, it is a vacation. For me, I spend days shopping and prepping meals ahead, organize everything we need, then spend the majority of my time at camp making meals and keeping people's tummies happy between activities. When we get home, everything just gets dumped, and I am usually the one airing out the sleeping bags, putting food away, washing all of the dishes, doing PILES of laundry, and cleaning up all of the dirt left behind. Yeah. That sounds like fun.

Still...I hope you do get to enjoy a few fun moments with your family.

Michelle

Grandma J said...

You will have fun. You didn't miss anything last night, other than Jody and I sitting in the parking lot for about an hour chatting. We were both tired, and decided to just call it a night and go home before 9pm. I'm thinking we should have an "unofficial" LNO next Friday...whatdaya think?

kailani said...

You're such a trooper. I don't like camping either and have never taken the kids. They keep begging to go.

Kailani
An Island Life

Cynthia said...

I am soooo with you. I hate camping, not my thing at all. Kuddos to you for going!