ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

December 10, 2009

Why Spiderwebbing is bad

I, like most women, can have several conversations at once. We talk and one thought leads to another and to another and so on. Soon one thought will remind you of something and you will blurt it out and men can't follow your train of thought. So that spiderwebbing in conversation has got to be controlled when you talk to a man.
Apparently it is the same with little boys.

Sam had a poopy diaper, and while I was busy Donnie got up and told Sam to come with him. I thought he was changing the diaper. So I soon followed to take over for him but I found him in the bathroom taking the clippers to Sam's head.

After the haircut was done I took Sam and told him we needed to change his poopy. I walked to the changing table and saw that it had accumulated some junk so I needed to clean it off before changing him. I told him to go show Cody while I cleaned it up.

What I meant: We need to change your poopy, but first go show Cody your new haircut.
What I said: We need to change your poopy. (long pause) Go show Cody!
What Sam heard: Go show Cody your poopy!

Not kidding. I followed him to see what Cody thought of his very drastic hair cut. But what I saw was Sam turning his back to Cody, opening his diaper in the back and saying "Look, Cody! Look!"

Why, yes, we WERE rolling on the floor laughing out loud!

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Cheryl@SomewhatCrunchy said...

That is so funny and oh so true!

Drew said...

See, I read this on Facebook too, and every time I get to you telling him to go show Cody my natural thought is "why would Cody want to see a poopy diaper?" lol

Anonymous said...

women!......sheesh

gary