ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

April 20, 2010

Funny how God teaches us.

"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will
be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And
why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the
plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove the
speck from your eye'; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First
remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the
speck from your brother's eye." Matthew 7:1-5


You only need look in the mirror to see why God included this in the Bible. It isn't that we are not supposed to ever judge, but that we are aware that what we are judging is something we have a handle on. Rarely do we actually get the log out of our eye before we go off the handle on someone, though.
This is certainly a great place for us to learn how to deal with our own anger. So often we are mad at someone and what makes us so angry is something that we need to work on in ourselves, and if you are going to judge someone on it, you are going to get judged back on it. If you set out the measurements, sure enough, they are going to measure you right back with them.

I am dealing with that now. I wanted someone to handle something the right way, which they didn't, and I was upset. I ended up handling it the same way they were handling it in response. I apologized for it, I was wrong. I forgot to take care of one part of my issue, and it was found out a month later, and that person found out exactly how I felt when she did it to me, and she reacted just like I did, even though I had apologized for it. And I didn't respond like I should have responded. So here we are, acting exactly alike, calling each other hypocrites. I see how she felt then, and hope that she will see how what she did made me feel.

I did apologize, and I don't know what more she wants. I just want an apology, too. I think God took the log out of my own eye now. I am beyond frustrated, though. I thought this was done back then, and now it is back in the open again.

2 people think my kids are qtpies:

Joyful Noise said...

We are all hypocrites at one time or another...some of us many times over - that is our sin nature... It's hard to admit to being one and you should feel better in having realized it and apologized. Sometimes it takes a little longer for people to realize even after they have been given an apology...somethings never get fully healed and keep reopening. I will pray that this gets resolved quickly!

Lisa said...

sometimes you just have to say I'm sorry and go on from there, even if you dont get the apology you want or this could go on and on. I will pray for resolution for you. Pray over is some more and hang in there!