ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

June 28, 2010

Another reason co-sleeping is dangerous

A while back I wrote about the dangers of co-sleeping. Now I have found a new danger.

I was sleeping quite peacefully when I started dreaming of something sprinkling on my hand. I soon started to waken and realized that my dream felt kind of real. My hand felt like it had some sprinkles on it. I woke fully and realized that my hand WAS wet. What happened?

My blanket had sprinkles all over it, too! What would cause that? The bathroom isn't directly over my room. So I set my hand on the bed to sit myself up and I discover a puddle in front of my chest. I smell it. Yep. Pee.

Sam was awake and had stood up behind me and peed over the side of the bed. Or tried. Some of it hit the bed and it sprayed all over my hand and blanket.

Seriously, I have been co-sleeping for over 20 years and I have NEVER had a kid do that. All of them have peed in my bed except Drew, but none have ever tried peeing over the side instead of going to the bathroom.

Only Sam. He constantly does things that shock me. I really didn't believe it was possible to shock us after the rest of the kids. But Sam has things planned that we could never envision.

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Dawn said...

lol that's a new one to me too. Lucky you!

Mrs. Stam said...

Oh dear! was he sleep walking or just to lazy to go to the washroom???

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness thats a new one. This morning I was awakened to the strong smell of POO! (Sailors cribs is bumped up to my side of the bed) holy smokes I have to air out my room. In all fairness its my fault I gave her a bottle of apple juice yesterday. She smells like a SKUNK died with its butt in the air....

natalie said...

LOL! That is hilarious...

Joyful Noise said...

LOL - Yes, only Sam!!!