ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 15, 2010

I told them!

When I found out I was pregnant, after a week of denial over why I was late, I knew I needed to get in for an ultrasound to be sure I didn't have another tubal pregnancy. The surgeon and my regular doctor both told me that I needed to be seen as soon as I found out again because there is a slightly higher risk of a second tubal.
So I went to make an appointment but they wouldn't let me do anything unless I had a pregnancy test FIRST. Um, yeah, because the 5 I took couldn't be trusted to be right? I don't know if I really am pregnant after 12 pregnancies? Give me a break. But fine. So I do that and find out I AM pregnant! Shocker. Then they said I had to go to the OB educator class before I could do anything else. Um NO. I'm not taking that. Last time they dilly dallied about that I nearly died from a tubal rupture.
I got a note in to my doctor and he, just based on my call, set up a referral for an ultrasound. He is a good doctor. So I go to set it up and they won't let me because I don't have insurance. Hello? I am paying cash right now in full. It was a BATTLE to get one set up. Those gals made me meet with financing to even set it up with me paying cash! The financing gals were trying to get me to sign up for insurances and told me that I wouldn't be able to get insured through an employer, no insurance takes on pre-existing pregnancies. I told them I would be able to, I've never had an issue with big companies.

We've waited patiently while Donnie switched jobs, and lo and behold! The temp agencies medical insurance would not have a problem with pre-existing pregnancy! So we just have to wait for the one month period before we can sign up. In that time Donnie has been offered a full time job at the company he is contracted at! Strangely enough, both companies use the same insurance company! So, I should be covered soon.

My only real issues are:
1. I want a midwife at home so I don't have to have a forced c-section, but we haven't found out if they cover one, and even if they do, they only cover 80% AFTER the $800 deductible. Fine, if we weren't taking a HUGE paycut. But with a wedding coming up? Probably won't happen.
2. I don't know if my regular doctor is in-network yet. But at least if I do go through a hospital, the whole thing is covered 100% after a $20 copay once.

God is good! I trusted all along that God would provide insurance for this birth. I'm not totally giving up on having my homebirth, but I am willing to let it go if I have to. Donnie has never liked the idea, anyway.

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

Mrs. Stam said...

praying that all goes well!

Lisa said...

There is a reason why the insurance company will only cover 80% and the pay cut. I know God has this covered and he may even have that co pay for you for the mid wife if he see's fit. Ya know what I mean.

Joyful Noise said...

I thought you were going to say - see told you there was only one. LOL It will all work out the way it is supposed to....God has you covered.

Anonymous said...

I like it that you are willing to go along since Donnie doesn't like it anyway. I think that his comfort should trump any desire you have for your own will to prevail.
I had a VBAC with my OB and he was a big baby. Go for it.
An occasional reader named June