ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

October 07, 2010

Life as We Know It


Last week I was able to go to a pre-screening of the new movie Life as We Know It with Katherine Heigl and Josh Duhamel. I brought a girlfriend along to laugh and cry with.

We knew going in that in spite of being billed as a romantic comedy that there would be some sad parts because the premise of the movie is a couple dies and leaves their infant daughter with their two best friends, who are not only not married to each other, they pretty much despise each other.

The beginning was quite funny as the couple is set up on a blind date and to say it didn't go well would be an understatement. That sets the scene for their mutual dislike for each other.



As the couple who set them up grow together and get married and have a child, the two get thrown together over and over in many comic situations.
Until the baby's first birthday. Then they are thrown together by tragedy and mutual love for their godchild. They move in together to keep the baby's life stable as possible, and even grow to respect each other a bit.
I have to say that Anna and I cried at least as much as we laughed. There were many sad moments, moments that really reflect the kind of problems that would really be faced in such a tragedy.

There was a lot of comedy and even some surprising romantic moments and great twists in the plot as the story progressed.
Life As We Know It is definitely a movie that I will buy when it comes out, and I will probably even go see it in theaters a second time! It is very good and really plays on all your emotions, a mark of a truly good writer.
I attended a complimentary screening of this film to facilitate my review, and I received a gift card from Mom Central as a thank you for my time.

1 people think my kids are qtpies:

Irene said...

Thanks for the review. The movie is showing here and I was actually thinking if I should watch it or not. But it looks like I'm going to give it a go. Have a nice day!