ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

October 16, 2010

Old and new

Sometimes the timing of things just amazes me.

Yesterday morning I had a D&C to remove the last of the placenta that was just too stubborn to come out. I wasn't scared so much of the surgery as I was of dying. I'm not sure why, but I was pretty close to hysterical before the surgery with so many things in my life unfinished.

But the surgery went off perfectly and I really haven't even had any pain other that right afterwards. I slept most of the morning and afternoon and felt pretty good.

Around 5pm my friend Crystal called and said her water broke, and since I am her doula that meant a trip up to the hospital! Amazingly her labor went FAST and the baby was born at 6:42pm! I had plenty of energy for less than 2 hours of "work." Her little girl was born so fast and is just beautiful with a head full of dark hair!

I think I shall go apply for official doula classes now.

I just thought that God was so good to take the end of my trauma and bless me with witnessing a new life on the same day.

Now if only the rest of the stress in my life could be worked out with just a beautiful moment.

2 people think my kids are qtpies:

Mrs. Stam said...

in our hospital palliative care and obstetric are facing each other, so on one side of the window somebody is taking his first breath while on the other side somebody is taking his last! God work is weird ways, even in the plan of the hospital layout!

Joyful Noise said...

Just like when Joyce went to be with the Lord! God cares for even the details of our situations! Glad surgery went well and you felt well enough to be there for Crystal!