ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 27, 2006

Nice day...

Today was such a nice day. I had a friend over with her two little boys. So I got to chat with someone while not getting to do much, and listen to our 2yo's fight over toys, lol. I guess we need to do more play dates. Trinity doesn't do that at church, so I didn't think to prepare her to share with her friend at home. Its apparently different when they are your own toys, hehe.

Is there ANYONE out there in blog world reading this??? I would love to hear from someone that our teens eventually do GET IT and shape up. Drew seems to think that even though the chart says practice ends at 4:45, coming home at 6 and saying the teacher misprinted it is not going to make me mad. After every day telling him that he better not be late, that he better call if schedules are changed, grounding him, yelling at him, fighting with him, threatening to take him out of drama......... he still thinks he can just say "but...." and we'll just let it go like he's not breaking the rules. No biggie.
For now I'm making him do 3 loads of laundry if he is late without letting me know. I can't do laundry on bedrest, so that'll get done now, because we know he won't start following the rules.

On the bright side, Donnie thinks there may be an answer to the financial junk his work has been pulling for the last 1 1/2 years. I don't know what it is yet, as he hasn't come home, but I hope they aren't just pulling another "have patience, I'm working on it" garbage just to lull them over for another few months like they have been doing. I need to pray that I will be encouraging in this and not add to the stress by pressuring Donnie. If I could work to relieve the burden, I would. But I can't due to pregnancy, who would hire me, and I'm on bed rest, then I'll have a baby to care for along with a toddler, who could afford to pay me enough? And then there's Donnie who absolutely does not want me to work. I think I may take Trinity to a friend's house one day and get a typing test and work from home typing 4 hours a day. I can do that, and its no baby sitting. Donnie wouldn't concider that "work" so I wouldn't be upsetting him, either.

In the meantime, I'll have to figure out how to afford the rest of the cloth diapers I need so I can save money that way. I'd probably be ok on diapers if I had a 10lb baby, lol. I don't have enough that would fit a newborn, much less a small newborn like Samuel is likely to be. Ebay just stinks at this point. I put 14 outfits on auction and sold ONE for $.25. The fees cost me around $8. Thats a fun one. I may try selling the things in groups, but I hate to waste more precious money trying to figure it out. Yard sale is out, too, with bedrest.

Man, I'm whiney today! I'm actually not down in the dumps, either, just thinking through things. There's got to be something I can do to make money and save money around here.

0 people think my kids are qtpies: