ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 10, 2006

Oh the hormones!

Pregnancy hormones are so crazy. I am ready to be sane again, but I'm not ready to have the baby, and he certainly isn't ready to be out in the world yet. (7 weeks, 4 days to go)
I guess it started last night, which started months ago, truth be told. We are strongly against dating, but our son was very much swayed by a young lady and begged for the chance to prove he could date responsibly, follow the rules and remain pure as he had pledged to the Lord. We did not like this at all, but it became such an issue that we knew the Lord did not want us to bring our child to wrath. So we decided that we would allow dating with strict guidelines, and he agreed to them. Unfortunately, many of those rules were broken before he ever reached 16, which was the age we decided he could start. It only got worse, with lying, decieving, sneaking around, disobedience and outright disrespect. It broke our hearts!
We prayed for so long over this and what we could do. We watched his character go downhill, his grades go downhill, his Christian friendships slide into the background as they couldn't stand him with his girlfriend. The Lord kept telling us to put an end to the relationship, but we just couldn't. We kept telling ourselves we'd end up with a rebellious kid, a runaway, or any other horrid things. But it finally came about that not doing what God wanted was not working. We'd grounded him from everything and everyone at one time or another, made him work his tail off, and nothing worked. We had nothing left to do. So, in June we said "No more" to the girlfriend thing, no more even talking to her, emailing, chatting, etc. Of course he snuck around, which we expected, but the most amazing thing was that he started being respectful to us.
We caught him several times, and he was repeatedly punished. But then we found out that his girlfriend's mother was helping them lie, decieve, sneak around, and was lying to ME herself! I was devastated, to say the least.
Well, then his girlfriend called me up, told me lies, which I called her on, and that was it. We knew it was over for good. So we forced the issue. Last weekend we told him that he had to break up for real, he could be friends with her, but that was it, or he would lose speech team and a number of other things. So he did decide to break up with her, thinking he could then do things with her again, just not call her his girlfriend. Wrong! He can be FRIENDLY with her in the halls, he cannot chat online, talk on the phone, go out with her, etc. He is clearly not a good Christian witness to her right now, and her and her mother encourage and help him with the very sinful behaviors he is being disciplined for, so they clearly are not a good influence on him.
So last night is a big fight. Basically, if we don't allow him to see her socially, he will fight us constantly. I said if he fights me, I will homeschool him, keep him from speech team, and then I will remove his driver's lisence. And he said fine, he'd get emancipated or turn us in for child abuse. I let him know to go right ahead, he can't get emancipated because he can't support himself and his parents aren't willing, and he can't get away with "abuse" just because he wants to see his girlfriend, and if he does that, I will turn him in as a runaway and I will press charges for stealing my car and assault for hitting me with the car. Then he goes to juvie, and still doesn't see her.
Ugly.
We made him make his choice, stay or go, and we'd call right then. He chose to stay, so he says. But that girl has a grip on him something fierce.

So, today I try to be calm, but my sweet dh acts like a child and humiliates me and I can't get over it. Not that he was trying to, he just doesn't get it. So basically my attitude today is "If I'm giving off the vibe that I'm rational, non-violent, and approachable, I'm sorry, because I am NOT." My hormones are just beyond being nice at the moment. I wanted to scream at a manager at the store because they were all out of Nut Rolls in all the aisles today! I was on the verge of angry tears! Its insane, and I am ready to be able to deal with my emotions again.

I hope this baby comes a little early!

0 people think my kids are qtpies: