ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 12, 2006

absolute quiet


Well, not absolute quiet, the bird is calling me for attention and the fish tank is noisy, but other than that, my house is quiet. The kids are at school, our house guest is on the way to the airport, and Trinity is sleeping. I don't get quiet often with 6 kids in the house. Most of the time my kids aren't noisy, they are actually pretty calm and quiet, but there is always something going on, like a tv or computer game or talking somewhere. What am I going to do with myself? This is the first day of this school year without our house guest (a 16yo boy) here, so I am alone with Trinity for the first time for the school year.
Its a happy and sad time for me. I love having my kids home with me, homeschooling them. I miss them when they are gone. Of course, if they don't go away, I can't miss them, lol. But on the other hand, with them in school I get time to take care of me. Even with a toddler, that is possible. I need some "me" time, time to get my spiritual life in order, time to get my house in order, time to deal with any issues I may have, etc. I'm human, so lets face it, I have issues, lol.
I need to decide what I'm going to do this year. I want to join the community mom and toddler time activities to meet women who need friends. I need to reach out and lead others to the Lord. I'm also working with some women in our church starting a mothers group, which will take some time to build, and I am very excited about it. Then there is a Bible study with some women that I have grown close to last year, but between the once a month Moms group and having a baby coming, and finding a sitter for Trinity, I'm not sure if I should get involved. On the other hand, I need a Bible study! I am going to start going to a women's Sunday school class on the names of God, which I am excited about.
I'm indecisive. I want things, but I know I have limits.
I also WANT to paint the nursery, like yesterday, so I can get the room all set up, but money gets in the way......... Not to mention being pregnant and huge and having problems when I do things. I want him to come early, but This is too early. I hopefully will be able to do it this weekend. Make Donnie and the boys move the furniture for me, and the kids can even help paint, though that was a disaster last time they "helped." I now have yellow spotted wooden floors in my room. Donnie is at least behind me getting the room painted, and even agrees on the colors. I painted the crib to match a color in the bedding, and it turned out so cute! I had to have the paint specially made to match it, and I cried when it turned out perfect! I cried in the store, lol, my dd's were mortified. I can't wait to get it set up!
Plus I need to find the mattress for my bassinette. It got lost in the move here somehow. I think its in Hope-Anne's room somewhere. I need to completely go through her closet, and all her boxes of junk she keeps in the room. She's a bit of a collector...... I think once I get the bassinette taken care of and the room painted and the crib put together, I will feel ready to have the baby. I am planning to try cloth diapers, but they are pretty expensive at first, so to keep from stressing Donnie out about the money, I may have to forgo buying for a little while. In the END, we'll save thousands of dollars in diapers, and be able to resell for more than half of what we pay for the cloth, but coming up with the investment in the beginning is a big bite to chew. Maybe I will stick with disposables for the newborn stage.
I am so chatty this morning! And talking to myself in the cyber world....... hmmmm......... I feel a little bit like a loser, lol.
I can't wait until my kiddos get home!

0 people think my kids are qtpies: