ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

October 05, 2006

Adventures in Toddlerhood

Today has turned into a day worthy of blogging twice.
Trinity is something of a computer genius for a 2yo. We have many times found her on the internet on gamesites and just don't know how she's getting there. She can turn on the computer, log in, and start playing games on her own. And does so as she pleases. Since she loves the computer so much I have started using it for potty training. (after sitting on my computer chair that had been peed in one too many times) If she pees in the potty she can play on the computer, if she pees away from the potty she can't play anymore.
Yesterday she peed in my bed after waking up from a nap in a bad mood. So, no computer. Today I tell her she gets to use the computer again if she uses the potty all day. She readily agreed.
I put her in the bath and told her "Do not poop in the tub, the toilette is right there, get out and use the toilette." "Yes, poop in the potty, don't poopoo in the tub." Two minutes later, she's pooped in the tub, and I haven't washed her hair yet.
A couple of hours later she peed on my bed! I don't know why. Was the show that good? Did she want to see if I would really take away the computer? I change her clothes and remind her no computer today. Later I see the bottom of her pants wet, but she was dry, so I remind her of using the potty. She quickly pees her pants.
Then we try cuddling up together to get her in a good mood. She wants to use the waterproof pad I am using to cover the pee as a blanket, I won't let her. So we fight and she gets put in her bed for a nap. I put a pull-up on her because apparently this is going to be a problem today. I tell her not to throw her stuffed animals on the floor or her books, and I leave the room.
After things quiet down, I go check on her. She is quietly reading a book. Oh, sweet! "Are you ready to get up happy?" "Yes, happy!" So I start to get her up and notice she is not wearing the pull-ups. She's taken them off to PEE IN THE BED.
Ok, yesterday she used the potty most of the day. What is going on? This is so frustrating! I know this will pass, but I hope this baby comes soon so we can get past this jealousy thing. I think she is getting nervous as we prepare for a baby. She'll love the baby, she's such a little mommy!

0 people think my kids are qtpies: