ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

October 05, 2006

The clock is working!

Well, I broke down and bought a new clock mechanism and went to all the trouble to remove the old stuff and put the new parts together and get a new battery installed. Of course, it didn't keep time! What is it with that clock?! So today I took it down and attempted to reassemble it, and lo and behold, you have to not have fingernails so you can tighten it enough, lol. My son got it tight and now it works. Amazing! I have my pretty clock up and working. I took a picture but the batteries died between the picture taking and getting it on the computer.

Now for something funny........ My husband is pretty non-violent, he hunts, but it isn't easy for him to kill. He doesn't dream of hurting that really aggravating person like I do. He's even way more patient with the kids than I am, rarely spanking, and feeling bad for having to do so.
On the otherhand, he is quite jealous of my doctor. He doesn't like me getting all clean and shaven for my annual pap smear. And heaven forbid I chew a piece of gum for fresh breath! LOL All because he overheard a friend and I talking about how he was not only a wonderful doctor, he was a bit on the cute side, too. (He's probably 10 or more years older than I am, too)
So today he says, "I dreamt that I punched your doctor." I cracked up! So did our son, who is 17 and knows all about this jealousy thing. I asked him what happened to cause that, because even in his worst dreams, he isn't the violent type. He said something about my delivery not going well, but wouldn't elaborate because he didn't want that picture in his head. Turns out I died, the baby lived, and he punched the doctor who had somehow turned into House. If you've ever watched House, you could see why he punched him, lol. House was the last thing we watched last night.
I found this hysterical! I offered to switch doctors after the baby, and he jumped on it, lol. He's never done that before, so he must have been pretty disturbed. Its nice to know that he loves me enough to be jealous of my doctor! I hope he changes his mind, I love my doctor. On the bright side, maybe he will come around and help me with the whole going into labor early thing so I can go to the cities and have a natural delivery and not have my doctor, lol.
Oh, I don't think I've mentioned yet that on Monday my doctor said my uterus was right back where it is supposed to be! Amazing! I managed to grow 4 weeks worth in one week! Still on bedrest, but I don't listen to that very well.

0 people think my kids are qtpies: