ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

December 21, 2006

PLEASE DON'T!



I saw this candy in the store recently and bought a few of them for the kids to try having never seen them before. Drew tried one and said something about it being kind of spicy. Kaytlin saw one and asked who they were for and I let her have one, but haven't heard a word about it.

So, I see one left in the fridge. It doesn't go there. I let it thaw out out some so it would come out and then squeezed up the weird looking brown goo. Smells weird. What is this stuff? I offered some to dh, but he wisely would NOT try it. So I tried it, its candy after all. Oh. My. Goodness. I could not let my tongue touch the roof of my mouth where the brown goo had set up residence. "Oh my goth, I though thith wath cany? Whaaa ith thith?????!!!!!"

I scraped my mouth out the best I could with paper towels and spitting. You can't get that stuff out of your mouth fast enough! What the heck??? Its CANDY! Its supposed to be good! Even if it isn't something you love, it should still taste good, right? I don't care for grape or watermellon candy, but hey, it still tastes like candy!

Don't ever, ever, ever put this stuff in your mouth! You would thank me for the advice if you had any idea how bad that stuff tastes. I'd rather eat liver and onions. Or Kimchee. Yeah, its that bad.

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

ROFLOL!!!! Lisa! - This means (Pelon Pelo Rico) Bald Hair Nice, Tasty!

No wonder it was awful!

LOL! Can't wait to hear what Drew says about this one.

Much love - Teri/RB

Qtpies7 said...

It comes out of the container like playdoh hair! Great name for it.

K said...

Hey, what flavor was this stuff? Was it tamarindo? This is the candy (or very similar too) the candy we used to buy as kids in Mexico. I love, love this stuff!! I was so excited when I first saw it in an American store some years ago. I buy it almost every time I can find it, especially if it's strawberry (fresa) flavor, which my sister loves. I like the tamarindo flavor best, which is just a little spicy.