ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 10, 2007

Works for me Wednesday

This weeks WFMW is on healthier eating, and since I just had gall bladder surgery a week ago, this is a bandwagon I need to get on! Shannon at http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com/ is hosting WFMW.
We love french fries at our house, that was one of the worst things about having gall bladder issues, not eating McDonald's fries! But you can bake fries at home with much less fat.
Oven French Fries
4 med potatoes
1 Tbls oil
Paprika or other spice of choice
Preheat oven to 475. Peel potatoes and slice into 1/2inch wide strips. Dry strips with a paper towel and toss in the oil like tossing a salad. Sprinkle with paprika. Spread them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 35 minutes, turning fries once or twice to brown on all sides.
You can also do this without the oil, but then you definately want to season them.

Is there a lowfat cheesecake recipe out there?

1 people think my kids are qtpies:

Brought to you by Her Majesty Magenta said...

Great french fry recipe. I am trying it this week!

As for cheesecake, depends on how healthy you want to get. I found a lemon "cheesecake recipe made out of tofu. I haven't tried it yet but we are just starting to use this lady's recipes and so far the entire family is eating them and loving it. Which is amazing cause we love cheese, mayonnaise, chips, sweets. Last Sunday I made a "alfredo" sauce out of ground up cashews that the kids didn't even know was healthy! Let me know if you want the cheesecake recipe or want me to try it first and let you know or you want to hurl just thinking about it:) I know alot of peoploe are scared of tofu which is why my WFMW is so lame this week. Anyway 1/8th of a piece of this cheesecake has 227 calories, 10 gms of fat and 2.5 gms of fiber. Sounds like alot but have you looked at regular cheesecake? Yikes!