ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 10, 2007

Congratulations, Kaytlin!


My kids do not read my blog, so really this is a brag on my kid post, hehe. Bare with me. The pic is Kaytlin, 15, and Trinity, 3.
Kaytlin is student of the month! We get to have breakfast with her on Friday at school, must be for some sort of ceremony or something. Kaytlin is an A student all the time. Its amazing. Donnie and I were never on the honor roll, lol. Ok, Donnie was more than smart enough, he just never did his homework. I could not get anough good grades to even make the B honor roll, but its weird because I had a 4.0 in college a couple of years ago, just couldn't get it together in highschool.
In homeschool years I couldn't get Kaytlin to even give me B papers, she had to redo everything all the time. But put her in public school......... She gets all A's. What??? Turns out that since I didn't give letter grades at home, she thought A meant Average and she couldnt' stand to B below average, lol. I asked her what the other grades meant, c-?? D-dumb as dirt? F-Flunkie??
Really, I am just so pround of her, she works really, really hard to get her grades. And she is planning for college, already searching while in 10th grade. This is an honor that will look good on college apps. Not that I would know since I never went applying after high school, hehe.
(I went to an online college 15 years after I graduated high school) Stay tuned for the latest adventure of the little rapscallion up there!

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Kaytlin! :)

Katherine@Raising Five said...

She sounds like an awesome girl. We had the same phenomenon when we put our big kids in public school. They rose to the challenge they never did at home (or was I just too picky - hmmm?). Never could figure that one out!

Staci said...

Your daughters are so beautiful! You must be so proud of Kaytlin!