ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 31, 2007

Works for me Wednesday


Shannon at Rocks In My Dryer is hosting Works for me Wednesday, stop over for more ideas!
My kids hate vegetables, and pretty much any green food. Raw, cooked, steamed, whatever, they don't want to eat it. Well, the boys are getting better, especially the teens who eat anything that will stay put on a plate...
I especially want to get good veggies in my kids, so I decided to sneak them in other foods. I chop up spinach and put it in pizza sauce! And my favorite is to use spinach and grated carrots in meatloaf. They really don't know its there, and can't taste it. But they get their veggies in, like it or not!
The pick the spinach out of Chicken spinach risotto, so this is sneaky! If its chopped small enough, they can't tell its there in the pizza sauce, which normally has little green herbs in it! They do see it in the meatloaf, but they did eat it. You could puree it and they'd be none the wiser.
I bet it would work in chili, homemade hamburgers, soups, stews........ Any other ideas where to sneak in those extra vitamins?
Leave me a comment and I'll add you to my post!

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I like to put spinach and carrots in our smoothies. if you put enough sweet fruit no one is the wiser. They say that your body assimilates it better this way too!

Carina said...

This sounds like a great idea. My little guy won't even eat the tiny pieces of green parsley in sauces etc. I'll try it.

Lana said...

what a great idea!
Get those veggies in any way you can.

Anonymous said...

I need this! The only green veggie my kids will eat is green beans, and they really don't like to eat those. I need to sneak them into their foods. Thanks!

Also, thanks for visiting my WFMW post!