ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 30, 2007

My Mom and the maze that is my home



When Samuel was born my mom came to stay with me for a week to help out, since we knew I would have a c-section. She was the biggest help! She got more laundry done in a week than I'd seen done the whole time I had morning sickness, lol. Of course she PAID my kids to let her do thier laundry! Yep! She paid them $20 to bring their laundry down for her to wash. How could it get any better, I ask you?

But the best part of the week was watching my mom get lost in my house 4-5 times a day! We have a circular path on the main floor. You can walk from living room to dining room to the tiny hall outside the nursery to the kitchen to the hall with the bathroom to the living room again. So, she'd be heading for the bathroom and end up in the nursery. Or she'd be trying for the bedroom/nursery and end up in the hall to the bathroom. Every single day. Without fail! The funniest was when she was in the hallway to the bathroom and asked one of the kids where the bathroom was!

I told her we'd never know she was lost if she'd just keep going, since its a big circle, but then it wouldn't have been nearly as funny, either!

Hi, mom! You knew this had to come out one day! You know, not even Trinity got lost the first day we moved in, and she was only a year old. This is really funny!

But, if you all want to laugh really, REALLY hard, head over to It Coulda Been Worse and read her post on The perfect gift. Seriously pee your pants funny! I was laughing so hard that I could barely read it to my husband, who was trying to figure out what I was in hysterics about. My 17yo ds was wiping tears away, too, lol. It has to be THE best post I've ever read! EVER!

2 people think my kids are qtpies:

Unknown said...

OOoooh, that little baby is pure sweetness!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm off to read now & your little one is cute.