ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

February 05, 2007

Wow, and even worse, yet....... *updated

My husband just called and asked me to tape Heros for him because his car died AGAIN. I don't know how he's going to make it home. I can't go get him, I have no vehicle here that works either. He won't tell me where he is, he doesn't have a cell phone. (he says he doesn't know where he is, just somewhere on Rt. 10 at a gas station. I think he can be more specific, like between this town and that town, etc.)
I pray that his car starts right up with a jump and he gets home just fine. But I am thankful that this time there are no children with him.
*Update!
He did get a jump and managed to drive somewhere and buy a new battery. He didn't change it out because the car was still working. He got quite close to home before it broke down again. A great guy named Donnie, and his son Levi, towed him to the next town behind their huge truck. A super guy with a southern accent and cool Harley jacket.
He went to change the battery, but the wrenches wouldn't fit the battery posts! UGH! And the gas station did not have ratchets! So, he jumped the car with the new battery! LOL He get in the car to head home, and it DIES. AGAIN. Yep. So, the thinking guy he is, the McGuiver wanna-be he is, puts the new battery on the floor at his feet, slips the cables out the door and into the hood, shuts it all up like that, starts the car and drives home like that!
Ok, totally redneck, yes. But he's home!

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

alisonwonderland said...

wow! hang in there! when is it going to warm up? it's gotta be soon! :o)

Staci said...

Redneck? I would call it smart!

The Estrogen Files said...

ROTFL!! TOTALLY McGuiver! So cool and a great idea for him! Thanks for visiting my blog.