ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

February 05, 2007

Apparently, it CAN get worse...

Last night, you know, in the -30 weather, our van broke down. Died. Dead. At night. With the 4 little kids in the van. And no cell phone.
It died on the over pass, but we got it started again. Praying and praying to just make it home. We're wearing our Sunday nice clothes and shoes. We don't want to walk, we can't walk.
Then it died again. And it would not start. Donnie tried pushing it for a little bit. Why, I don't know, so he felt like we were getting somewhere? It just would not start again. So I sent Cody off to a friend's house to come rescue us. They were a good 6-7 blocks away, but he was at least dressed for the walk with warm Polaris boots. We were about to give up and start walking because what if they weren't home? Where would Cody go? Another 7 blocks to our house? Come back? And it was better to start walking before we HAD to go because we were freezing. And NO ONE would stop with our flashers on and my dh pushing the van. All the houses were dark like no one was home or they were sleeping already.
But, just after we got out of the van our friend showed up with his truck and towed us home!
We had been at a friend's house, and they knew the van had acted funny on the way to their house, so they were going to come looking for us if we didn't call them. We called them just before they left to come find us!
Cody, however, did not do so well. The running with the cold air really hurt his lungs. He feels better now, but the rest of him is feeling hot and miserable.
This is how cold it is: our school NEVER takes a snow day, even when ALL the towns around us do. NEVER in the 5 years we've been here. Today they are 2 hours late JUST because of the COLD, not snow.
The up side to this, not that the van breaking is an upside, but we haven't gotten our taxes back yet, but all that needs to be done is bring our stuff in and they will put the money right on a credit card for us! We've already signed all the papers and everything! So Donnie dropped the papers off this morning. (if they were open) So, maybe today we will have the money to fix the van. In the meantime, I can't leave the house. And if you know me at all, thats fine with me! I HATE going outside, and when its cold, its even worse. All my kids are staying home from school except the high schoolers. And I'm glad, I don't want them out in this weather.
Update**
Donnie got to work, and got the tax stuff in, but his heater doesn't work in the car! He had to drive for an hour with no heat!

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

Brrrrrrrrrrr! Hope everything works out for the best!

Stacy said...

WHAT!? OK, this is crazy! You just commented on my blog so I click over here to see who you are and.....would you look at it??? BOTH OF OUR HUSBANDS ARE DONNIES! And spelled the "right" way, too! That's awesome :)

We'll be late for piano lessons if I don't sign off now but I will definitely be back to read more.

YOU GO GIRL :)

Stacy in Alabama

Mom of thirteen said...

Oh my, what a night you all had!

You posted a comment on my blog today and so I'm here looking you and your lovely family over. =)

I just happened to see you have a link to Dr. Leverett! Small world! Did your hubby have a reversal with Dr. L? Mine did! Hubby got "broken" after number 4. Dr. L helped "fix" him again, and now we have 12! Praise God!

Nice meeting you!

blessings,
jerri

Jen said...

Oh, MAN! I'm sorry you guys were stuck!

Staci said...

Minus 30! Wow! I can't even imagine cold like that. Glad everything worked out okay.