ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

April 23, 2007

Districts


Here is a picture of Trinity and one of her closest friends and his little brother. We had a little picnic at the park recently.
This weekend was Districts. Not sure what that means exactly, but its a conference for our teens that happens once a year. My kids enjoy it so much that they will give up almost anything to get to go. They will sell things, work, get good grades, what ever it takes in order to go. You'd think it was a big joy ride full of games and daring stunts the way they act. Two of my kids were so excited about going that they last 24 hours was spent feeling like throwing up! Drew went around taking videos of kids who were going and made two videos for the youth group as a count down. One was pretty funny.
What I can tell actually happens is that there is worship, small classes, group times, fun time, and very little sleep. Lots of practical jokes, picture taking, friendship time, and learning.
Drew called me Saturday night and he sounded pretty close to tears. He said "Mom, I love you. And I'm sorry for the way I've been acting lately. I love you. Mom?" "Yep, I'm here, I'm trying to figure out what to say, Drew." LOL I was in shock. I didn't know if I should try to figure out exactly what he was sorry about or just forgive and let him get back to the conference.
Drew realized that he was trying to get his way NOW instead of living where God has him now, which is under our authority. And he was very moved by it.
I'm so glad the kids went. Other than Devon coming home with permanant marker on his face, someone tried to turn him into Spiderman. And we had picture set up for him Sunday after Districts. Guess who didn't get pictures taken.....

2 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

Cute picture!

Sounds like fun... was the permanent marker part of a practical joke?

I love me some practical jokes.

Qtpies7 said...

No, Devon willingly let someone try to turn him into Spiderman. I thought it was funnier when I thought he was the first one to fall asleep and they got him good. But, no, he let it happen.
My oldest calls himself SuperDrew, and even had a cape made for himself for the weekend, becuase thats his Districts persona. So maybe Devon was trying to be like Drew.