ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

April 28, 2007

Friday finale

Well, its actually Saturday morning, but I guess its still Friday on the west coast!
We are making a church pictorial directory, and this week are the photo shoots. The pictures are top quality, but its been very frustrating. We need as many people as possible to get in there, because we want every one's photos, and everyone gets a "free" 8x10 and directory. They said it was free, but they are charging tax and a $9.95 handling fee! Then, the people who plan it are supposed to receive a $50 discount on pics, but the salesman did not send them to us, and they conveniently can't give it without that. They finally decided to give me the discount and deal with it later, because I was not going to buy anything without it, and they were breaking their contract if they did not honor it. Thankfully the other 3 on the planning committee don't have their pics until next Saturday, so they have time to get it dealt with.
The pics were so fun to get made, though. The kids were cute and funny. I can't wait to get the pics back and find someone with a scanner, or I'll just take a pic of the pic and post it, because one of the shots is the kids all sitting on the ground in a group and Sam was put on Devon's shoulders and it was just so gosh darn cute! Sam did really well until the end, he was so over it, which really surprised me, because he's so happy and social, but he hasn't been acting normal the last few days.
Devon, however, seems to be getting better! The fever is gone, but he's still sleepy and has a sore throat, and grumpy as the day is long. That is contagious because I am even more grumpy than the day is long after dealing with the kids lately. Kaytlin refuses to wear what I wanted her to wear for pictures, even to the point of sneaking pants out of the house for pics and telling me she had appropriate clothes with her. It was too suspicious, so I searched her room and she had not brought a skirt with at all. So I called her and asked her what skirt she had brought, and she said "You weren't supposed to ask me that!" Umm, sorry dear, but you can't fool mom. So, even though you can't see below her waist at all, I forced her to wear the skirt, and almost was mad enough to force her to wear a fancy dress she absolutely did not want to wear.
After getting home and fighting with them to do chores, I was pretty close to losing it! Donnie told me that when he acts the way I was that I ask him if he's taking his meds, lol. Its not time for St. John's Wort, if that's what he's asking, but yes, I'm pretty stressed and mad at the kids.
One more day of pics at church, and tomorrow is also prom for Drew and Kaytlin, and paintball for Donnie, Devon and Cody. That leaves me with Hope-Anne, Trinity and Sam doing the pictures at church.
Maybe I should join my mom's blog and go whine over there, I have my own cheese.

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Karianne said...

Whine away! Isn't that what a blog is for? My kids were driving me nuts tonight too.

To continue on our other subject: My brother has about 7 tattoos. I have my nose pierced, which looks adorable. My sister has a "Marilyn Monroe" piercing that also looks cool. My mom totally hates them all. Yet, she had her eyebrows tattooed, so I've been giving her grief about that!

Carina said...

Hey, you got seven kids and a husband to the church for the picture. I'd say that alone is worth Gold. We have some friends who have 9 kids, and they forgot one of them at the church after some directory pictures. It's become on of the classic family tales.

Our new picture directory should be coming out soon. I'm excited because in the last one I was 8 months pregnant with my first, and now they'll both be in this one. Like, out of the womb. Oh, and I've lost my baby fat for this one too. It just doesn't get any better than that.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Church directory photos. What's with them? When ours were being taken, we only attended Sun nights (due to dh's work schedule). It had not been listed in the bullitin (not sure why) so we had no idea it was in progress. We showed up for Sun night church and naturally our church family nabbed us for a photo. And naturally we looked like the Beverly Hillbillies because we didn't know (and because Sun nights are very casual). Oy vey!
Blessings,
~Toni~