ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

April 02, 2007

What Makes America Great?

I don't understand something. What makes America great is that we have freedom. Freedom to do much of what we want and believe in, and freedom to disagree with things and freedom to speak about it. But people want freedom to do what they want and for me to not have freedom to disagree with it.
Isn't that amazing?
I have a diaper review post. I reviewed diapers I have tried and talked about the owners business sites and products. I gave a so-so review of the diaper, parts of it were impressive, but they don't work on Sam, however, her website had a picture that I felt was unprofessional, and I said so. Nothing against her beliefs, which pretty closely coincide with mine.
I now have a couple of "anonymous" people commenting that it is hurtful and I shouldn't say that about people, and that it is discriminating to not buy something from someone because they are so proud of nursing their toddler that they post pictures of their br*ast on their business website.
Discrimination. That's a buzzword to get people to shut up. Sorry, I won't be intimidated.
I have stopped buying products I love because companies support causes I am against. That's not discrimination, that's freedom.
Its just a bonus that they are screaming discrimination against breast feeding when I am currently a breast feeding mom, breastfeeding my 7Th child.
Isn't it nice that they have the right to be offended by my saying something is unprofessional? Some countries they don't have the right to be offended, the government says whats what and you get to deal with it.
Oh, and they even said I am what is wrong with America because I think bo0bs are "private" parts, lol. They want the right to show off your private parts, and other people should not have the right to have pure thoughts and not be invaded by others lack of modesty. If you are hurt, too bad, because if you don't like it you are hurting them. They are the only ones allowed to hurt others.
Sorry, a review is my opinion on something, and my opinion is going to be said on my blog. Turn the channel. Which is what I did with that diaper site. I don't like it, so I won't look at it or buy it.
Oh, and thank you, Anonymous who also says it is unprofessional without slamming the person's viewpoints!

7 people think my kids are qtpies:

yofed said...

Actually, it reminds me of something I read in the bible a few days ago, in the ecclesiast.... there is a time for everything... a time and a place. Feeding a child is one thing. A business is one thing. Unless your business is about breastfeeding, they don't really go together...

I breastfed my kids in public before... but sometimes it's just not appropriate...

Kat said...

If you are selling somthing I want to see the product not a body part unless it goes with the product being sold. If you want to talk about breast feeding and show pictures of it fine, using a personal blog ios a better idea. So you keep work and personal seperate.

Anonymous said...

Not haveing read the review or seen the site, this is part of the discord in America. How childish, if the anonymous poster is from that site.

That said, a review IS your personal opinion. However, the business owner really needs to learn a lesson in not taking it personal. God commands us to turn the other cheek, to repeatedly forgive others for offenses, etc. This is the attitude that is needed to handle "offense" when it comes.

Good for you for standing firm!!!

Janelle said...

Great post! I'm right there with you-don't succumb to the intimidation!

Qtpies7 said...

Here is my review page: http://qtpies7.blogspot.com/2007/02/super-dipe-review-of-diapers.html

The owner of the store started major discussions on 2 forums over this. Two other forums have taken me in and gone bonkers on her. I don't agree with that, but she posted it out there for the whole world and their opinions. Her and I have actually worked through our "differences" and are fine, its the majorly offensive people on the forums calling me horrible names that are causing problems. They have even had to shut down the Diaper Swappers thread and start dealing with rule breaking.
I can't believe it got so crazy. The owner actually said that she felt my review was even somewhat positive, and her problem wasn't with me thinking it was unprofessional, but with the thought of it scaring off people who would posssibly try breastfeeding.

Kat said...

Ok now that I saw the picture I must say it was strange to see that on a shopping site.
I have no problem with breast feeding in public, I'm Morman after all lol.
I don't think you were slammimg her at all. You have a blog to express your thoughts.I'm glad you worked things out with the owner.
If I still used diapers would buy from her.

The Estrogen Files said...

We spoke of this in our BSF class this week - the culture of tolerance makes it "wrong" to say what you think!