ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

April 03, 2007

My first activity as Women's ministry leader


It was a very busy weekend, but I made it through! Sam started screaming fits on Wednesday after meeting Mac, who is a screamer. I thought it was weird, but whatever. Then on Thursday he broke out in a head to toe rash! It only got worse on Friday, but I couldn't get him to the doctor, so I could not be sure of what was wrong. I suspected an allergy but couldn't be sure.

I went to the retreat anyways because I was the leader, and Drew brought Sam to me a few times to nurse. But Saturday I had to have him with me because I didn't have a driver at home to bring him to eat. So Hope-Anne babysat him away from the ladies and other babies. I took him in and it was an allergy! I had switched laundry soap recently, and then found out Kaytlin broke out from it, too, but hadn't mentioned it.

The retreat went well! It was small, which is hard to keep a good head about, because I wanted it to be a "success" by numbers, but that is not what it is about. One of my written goals as women's ministry is to create smaller groups of women for more intimate sharing and support. I met women on a level I had not known before, and even found out another family in the church had gone through a reversal and had reversal babes! The speaker, who is my cousin, check out her blog Touching Heaven, was great! She has been called to Africa, her and her family, not just her, and it was great to hear about it.

Oh, the drama in my life recently! I am ready to pitch the whole used cloth diaper trading and buy new to avoid people who are unbelievably mean-spirited. But the good that has come from my review of someone's business is that my blog readership is going through the roof. Check out how my stat counter has risen since the owner posting in two different forums about me on Saturday. I hope that I gain some new readers and some new friends from it all. I know that I have gained many new friends through it already, as I was invited to two different forums over it. The drama got so crazy that the posting had to be stopped and people got infractions for the things they were saying, which may mean being banned for a few months in some cases.
I will also be removing a pic because someone who gave me permission to use her pic decided she didn't like me because I would not "obey" her every wish on my personal blog. It wasn't enough for me to give the maker of the diaper a link to her site, I was supposed to name her business and give her credit for it on the say-so of the person whose babe was in the pic, the maker of the dipe did not have a problem with the credit she received. I later acquired a dipe from her and love it so much I dedicated a post to her dipes, but I wasn't about to endorse her before I had tried the dipe. Unfortunately, I have ill feelings about using that diaper maker because of her "friend." If the dipes are so wonderful, and all the bad reviews are not true, why does she need to be so vehemenantly defended when there was nothing to defend? Its kind of scarey. Maybe I only got good service because when I got a dipe from her she already knew about my blog and talking about the dipes?? I realize it is her friend that is acting crazy, and telling lies about what happened, which were corrected by me, but because I pointed out she was lying and proved it, she suddenly wants her pic down. If I don't have her pic up, there is no reason to link to the maker of the dipe. She is hurting her friend. I don't have to remove the pic, once you are given written permission to publish something, its published, and they can't revoke it. But I will still do it because I don't want to deal with her and her public lies and bashing. (against forum rules, so she was reported.) All 10,000 members of that community have access to her tirade, and have access to my blog showing exactly what I did, and that she was lying.
I have someone else who is giving me a pic of their Superman diaper by the same maker to post, though, so I don't have to change anything else in the post. But still, I wonder if I want to promote that business now?
Ok, this is a book now, so I'll move on. I should have made it a Sunday Festivus post, lol.
Oh, I could post 13 of the meanest, or most ignorant comments made on my TT this week!

2 people think my kids are qtpies:

Christine said...

Lisa, The evening was great and a lot of fun. The numbers were fine as it is easier to gt closer to others that way. Thank you for inviting me and letting me speak. I was tired the next day though! I didn't get home intil 3:45AM!
Christine

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
I think the whole event went very well! Thank you for all the hard work you put into it! I think the ladies bonded well. I love those get togethers. I think your cousin's talk was great! You are a fantastic friend! Love ya!
Sarah