ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

June 30, 2007

Happy Birthday, Jeannie!



Today is my friend's 49th birthday. There are 4 of us (me and my peeps) who regularly get together and cut up. Usually its at our monthly ladies night out, and it is a riot! It gets us through the month, and one of these months there WILL be soda spewed out a nose! (that's my personal goal for success as the Ladies Ministry Leader)

The 4 of us, Jeannie, Sarah, Jody and I, are also putting together the church pictoral directory. Its taking some time, input from the church for pictures has taken some creative touches from us. (there may or may not have been some people taken out behind the wood shed, but I'm not talkin') Its getting down to the wire, we gotta get it done soon.

So we planned to meet at Jeannie's for a meeting today. As soon as we were all there we decided we needed a break, and insisted on DQ, despite Jeannie offering us some lemonade. We get her in the van, and have Sarah follow us with Jeannie in her van, to the DQ. All is well until we PASS the DQ. I think she was suspicious at that point, even though Sarah played dumb really well. But I'm pretty sure she didn't realize she had been kidnapped for another couple of blocks. She should have been suspicious of Sarah showing up for a meeting with lipstick on.

We took her to a really nice local restaurant for her free birthday meal. Where we proceeded to pretend we were at ladies night out and probably were near being asked to leave, if the faces on the table next to us were any indication! (can I just say "fuddy duddies" and not get in trouble? They weren't talking to each other hardly at all, like an old couple with nothing to talk about)

But really, we may have gotten a touch giggly, and possibly a bit loud in those giggles, but the table on the other side of us...... lets just say that when there is a rare hush in the restaurant, that is NOT the time to announce you have not been sexually active this week. And this was a table of maybe 8 adults in their late 40's or more. Two of them said something about being sexually active! In total seriousness, like a group therapy or something. The timing couldn't have been more comedic.

The waitress did tell us we were having a bit too much fun, lol. My throat hurts from laughing so hard. And there WAS some spewing, on my part, but not soda out the nose, because we hadn't even been seated yet. Sarah did something so naughty and surprising as we were walking in the door that I laughed so hard I spit on Jody. I think she still loves me, but she sat on the opposite end of the table from me. She got me back, though, something about a holy cow.

So, Happy Birthday, Jeannie! I hope you had a great time and weren't too full to enjoy your meal with your hubby! I'm still so full I could burst.

6 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

OK, so I laughed so hard reading your blog (as if I wasn't there)...so I needed to say thank you! It was so great to get together tonight. It makes me appreciate our friendships even more! Also, it made me realize I do probably need to get out more. Then, maybe I will grow up...lol! Either that, or just another "reason" to have a "meeting". :) Have a great night!

Anonymous said...

I laughed too... I did make a promise to you Lisa but I am not the kind of person to say "HC" (not that you are either - which is why it is so funny!) anyway - maybe "WOW" will that do? I guess since we went out and didn't finish the directory we will have to have another "meeting." And when we are ever finally done with it we will have to CELEBRATE! Jeannie - I hope you had a great birthday and a fun evening with your hubby as well :)

Qtpies7 said...

Jody, its gotta be something totally random, "wow" won't do the trick! "Great Horny Toads" would work. (I asked Donnie for a random exclamation to use instead of "wow" and thats what he came up with, without knowing why I was asking)
(He's now wiping tears from his eyes from laughter)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lisa, Jody & Sarah, for my birthday "surprise". I figured y'all had something up your sleeves...I just wasn't sure what it was, I was actually excited at the thought of going to DQ though...

I must have missed whatever it was you guys were laughing so hard at as you walked in the door...and you all thought I was ignoring it or changing the subject... Sometimes I just plain don't hear it, perhaps my hearing is going in my old age??? LOL! For those of you who don't know us personally, I'm the "token old lady" of the group.
Thanks again girls, and just so you know, I did have a good time later with my hubby at La Casita, and then met up with my sis who shares my bday to sing a little karaoke.

When we got home we had the house to ourselves! Holy Cow! That doesn't happen very often these days ;)

Qtpies7 said...

Jeannie, Donnie and I have been cracking up all evening at your comment! You have no idea how much that tickled us!
You have officially joined the "dark side" with us girls!
I'd tell you the story, but you've apparently already grasped the gist of it!

Don't you remember the door sticking at the restaurant? Sarah accused Jody of farting, thats why I laughed so hard I spit on Jody. I did not expect that, but I should by now.

Melissa Stover said...

how fun. i love those nights with friends when your abs get a workout from laughter. such great times!