ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

June 15, 2007

Power's back!


The power is back on, less than 48 hours. No big deal. It got a little stuffy last night, but otherwise we survived just fine.

We were able to cook, just not in the oven, because its electronic ignition. The burners worked fine. The grill worked. But we just sent meat over to my friend's house and ate supper over there with her. It was fun! They have a projector that makes movies the size of a wall, the kids had lots of fun pretending to be at a theater.

Lots of playing in the kiddie pool.
There was no baby making, Yofed! Um, besides the fact that the kids slept with us the second night, with no power the house is QUIET and you can hear everything, like little squeaks in the floor boards I didn't even know were there, lol.

Devon is getting better, but as his steroid level goes down his hives start coming back. If they get bad again we'll have to do something because we have VBS on Monday and he is one of the main characters all week, and we don't want to freak out the kids, I mean Devon would be embarrassed to go in front of everyone looking like that. He actually got worse than this picture, too. He is much better now, just hoping it stays that way.
I want to go blog hopping, but there is a line behind me to check emails, Trinity is crying to get on Barbie.com and there are clothes to wash.

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

yofed said...

I know, I'm harrassing everybody with "When are you going to have a baby" these days, since I know it wont be for a while for me, if ever... lol

Anonymous said...

Hey, just wanted to comment that I also had hives that bad after taking sulfa 4 days after my first baby was born.

I had to stay on the steroids for about 10 weeks. Every time I tried to wean off of them the hives came back. Don't let the doctor take him off the steroids too soon.

Your poor son! Hives are misery!

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Yep. Devon looks just like Lauren did. Thankfully she didn't need to be on steroids for more than four days. Steroids really freak me out and they are something that I have to be pretty desperate to use, especially in my kids.

Of course the rash situation was so "last year" for Lauren. This weekend, she has decided to have her face swell up like a balloon all around her sinus area and have slight bleeding from her nose when she blows it. We have been monitoring her very carefully and will have her at the doctor's tomorrow, unless her condition worsens. I have a feeling that steroids could possibly be in order again, since nothing else seems to be having any effect. With kids it always seems to be something, doesn't it?

P.S. I responded to your comment from last night on my blog (in the comments section).